LegacyGT.com

Best earthing point locations?

Hi all,

I've fitted a DIY earthing kit but did it in a bit of a rush and I've connected mostly to the stock locations; both strut towers, near the battery and one on the firewall (not right behind/under the intercooler - not stock location).

If my original wires/connections are in pretty good shape (they seem to be) would I get more benefit from connecting to places other than stock to increase the number of points? I read that the number of earthing points increased considerably from second to third gen?

If so, where would be the best points? Are there any places I need to avoid? I Don't have a great deal of wire but could add a point or two in line, giving me about 4-5 points other than near the battery (will replace the original wire for that point) or I could possibly buy another kit just for the wire cos it only cost $20.

Should I just whack it anywhere there's a free bolt?

Thanks in advance.

• I Donated
Pretty much anywhere you can find a spot works. Get one on the engine as well. I used the bolt that holds the oil dipstick tube as an engine ground point on my car.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived