LegacyGT.com

spring popped out/off

i had thought i had a bad wheel bear but when going down on my car:lol: i noticed that i could not feel the grinding in the spring but yea i could see that the right front spring had popped out/off the buttom spring perch? spring perch is what i have gathered to what its called. now the spring sits just a few pennys thick from the tire. this is the grinding i hear and it probably from cornering way to hard the past few weeks.

what can i do about this and will is happen again if i just pry it but up onto the spring perch.

• I Donated
There is actually a recall on the second generation Legacys about this. The dealer will fix it for free. Basically, they install a spring guard to prevent this from happening.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

wait wait wait. a recall? show me the thing they put on.. i already have something there but it dont go all the way around. though it did prevent the spring from going down any farther.

when i was trying to pry the spring back up i just made it worse. i called part city, the new place in town and they ran out a spring compressor for me. and helped me use it and do the work. but it just was not working. he decided to leave and left the tool with me. gave hmm 10 bucks for the drive out and i brought it back when i was done. 2-3 hours later!

i decided i had to remove the strut. which took so long. i was told the shocks and springs where replaced within 20,000. yea right. those bolts had not moved since the assembly line! the wrench slipped and i nail my chin on the fender and put a good sized dent in it.

using the compress was tricky. i just barley got it compressed enough. i had to take the whole shock apart. there was no way around it..

and to top it all off. i cross thread the shit out of one the lower bolts. but i had to cause i was not getting to work on time if i didnt get the bolt on.

but, look at the bright side. i didnt have a bad wheel bearing and now i now how to work with the struts on my car.

• I Donated

http://www.autorecalls.us/aut-04/recalls/1998/subaru/legacy/21188.html

I have a set of struts oustide that have the recall done on them. I'll get a picture up in a little bit

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

There is a part of Subarus website that you can register your car on and see what recalls are on your car and what ones have and have not been done yet. I don't remember the link though...something like mysubaru or something like that.

My cell is charging...as soon as it has enough battery, ill go outside and snap a picture of the struts

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

Here is a picture of the spring guard that they put on for the recall.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/strut.jpg

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived