LegacyGT.com

idea for the drag strip?

just thought of this and wondered how possible it is.

ok. so gas needs air to burn right.. but really, gas needs oxygen to burn.

so in theory, you could run pure oxygen and gas instead of compressing more air into the engine. and you should get the same effect without the compression part. cool idea right?

know i know this would never work for daily driven cars or even track cars. or hell even drag cars.

but how much oxygen would you need to run an engine for a couple minutes?

plus i would figure intensive tuning and modification would need to be done for any N/a car to run like this.

if i could i would try this out on a little 5 hp briggs on a gokart. haha.

true true.. and yea sorry i forgot the extra fuel part but thats a simple fix.

what would make more reliable power. more oxygen or more nitrogen oxide?

im thinking oxygen. idk. just and idea.. or hell. instead of running a turbo why not run compressed air? dont even have to pure oxygen but you could put what ever you want in it. and no lag at all haha.

true true.. and yea sorry i forgot the extra fuel part but thats a simple fix.

what would make more reliable power. more oxygen or more nitrogen oxide?

Pure Oxygen isn't user friendly lol

What engine are you trying to get power out of, if this is a EJ251/2/3/4 I would suggest a rebuild first then then the addition of NOS

the heat generated would cause a big problem in normal internal combustion engines.

scrap this idea. oxygen is far to flammable and bulky to use. even on the drag strip you would need around 3 to 7 scuba tanks of oxygen.. while N2O is much more compressible and not flammable.

that just hit. hmm.. i had forgotten how flammable everything becomes when in an oxygen rich environment.

I think you should abandon the Oxygen idea for various reason, safety being No.1 :)

The NOS idea could be implemented fairly easily I would say a 50 shot to test and don't consider multi-plate systems :)

Archived