LegacyGT.com

Fuel smell inside of cabin? EJ22 Legacy.

Im beginning to notice a fume smell inside of the car. I cant tell if it is fuel or oil but I notice the smell permeates the car more heavily when it is being pushed. The CEL light came on last week but then turned off after topping off the oil. Today on the interstate the light began to flash and now it remains on. Im pretty sure it is fuel, but i haven't yet hooked the car up to an OBDII scanner so I cant be sure. Anyone have an idea?

I have an update. The light went off today until I took it out for a drive again. No CEL light under normal operation but then I went WOT in 4th almost to the rev limiter which caused the light to return. I ran Diagnostics and the code P0302 came up..

• I Donated

P0302 is a misfire code. Do the following

replace:

spark plugs

plug wires

check

coilpack

clean

mass air flow

idle air control

throttle body

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

P0300 = multiple / random misfre

P0301 = misfire cylinder 1

P0302 = misfire cylinder 2

P0303 = misfire cylinder 3

P0304 = misfire cylinder 4

and the list goes on up until 308 or something like that.

So yeah, P0302 means "misfire cylinder 2 detected".

Doing the list that I listed will take care of 75% of misfire problems on your car. The list is cheap to do...everything is free on it except the plugs and plug wires (if you do it yourself). Since yours seems to be an intermitent problem, I'm sure something on my list will sort it out.

Another thing to keep in mind is if you have a poor ground somewhere, that can cause a misfire. google search "subaru grounding mod" and do that to your car. Its a cheap thing to do, and it helps out A LOT with anything electrical in your car

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

P0300 = multiple / random misfre

Another thing to keep in mind is if you have a poor ground somewhere, that can cause a misfire. google search "subaru grounding mod" and do that to your car. Its a cheap thing to do, and it helps out A LOT with anything electrical in your car

That's interesting. Ive been noticing issues in some other electronic areas on the car also..mainly my power side mirrors that are operating very slowly and I wasnt sure if that was due to a bad motor or bad battery or maybe grounding.

Archived