LegacyGT.com

LegacyGT or STI

Thanks guys. Did a lot of soul searching before I decided to make the trade. I'm sitting in a parking lot right now, having just taken a 2.5 hour trip, got 27.3 mpg (yeah....right) and enjoyed listening to my stereo on the way. No one revved at me, no one toyed with me, and the drive was very relaxing. No way would that happen in my STi.

Another week or so, and I'll also have the confidence of a full stage 2 package to know that if I so choose, I'll be able to take on most other vehicles on the road. Yes...I still think I made a very good choice.

cheers,

Scott

Scott,

I second the motion above that it was an amazing write up. I've been lurking here for over 6 months and have been debating the Legacy vs. the STi. Granted I think power is an important point, but comfort takes precedent in this case. I would have to agree with you that after being in a couple of STis and then getting into Legacies the ride is like night and day. Thanks once again for the amazing write up.

-O

• 1 month later...

I went from an STI to an LGT. The STI was a great weekend car but for everyday SoCal driving it was too rough around the edges. Now Power wise an UP, DP, Pulley, Reflash will net you above STI and EVO and you can get an auto.

Cheers

Someone here mentioned something about the 06 WRX getting the 2.5 engine and 250 hp. From what I heard it will have the 2.5 engine but the same power as the forester at around 230 hp, this should still make it as fast or faster than the LGT tho but time will tell.

Go for an LGT with stage II with some springs and tires and you'll be more than happy :)

Archived