LegacyGT.com

245/40/18's good to go on my '05?

shralp

Finally scrubbed my 225/40/18 Dunlop Direzza Star Spec's down to the wear bars. They are on Pro Drive Pff1's that are 18x8. Car is virtually stock height, about 1/4" lower on Whiteline Control Springs with Bilstein Rev. A struts. Am I good to go with a bump up to 245/40/18's or should I slightly bump up with 235/40/18's just to be safe? Getting another set of the Dunlops and they are offered in both sizes. Don't want any issues with rubbing and not interested in rolling fenders, etc. Thanks in advance for any info y'all can offer :)

ah, nice, they probably look great, I've never seen them though on that size rim....I would imagine you're pretty close to the limit for rubbing but I'm sorry I don't know enough to tell you for sure. GL with the fitting, I would love to see pics!

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

I don't see OP mentioning that in the original post, did you?

Sounds like = Dunlop Dir Star Spec. Generally folks with Star Spec drive hard. You respect your car enough not to beat the dogshit out of it like some of us:cool: Its not a slam, just a guess.

245/40/18 Star Specs

BC BRs at a little less than full height

camber -1.5f -1.0r

18x8 +48

fenders rolled

no rubbing...now

I had to raise the car up from my previously lowered height of about a two finger gap to get the tires to not rub. I could run more negative camber but I don't wanna and you can't make me!

Archived