LegacyGT.com

Who would be interested in USDM 08-09 rear bumper vents?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cut it all up? It doesn't look like too terribly much work would need to be done to make it fit. But then again. I don't have an '08 so I don't know.
Slammed more than your girlfriend.

Why not use the JDM one? Just mod the bumper to fit!

^ Mod the bumper as cut it all up? No thanks... I'd rather not hack apart a perfectly good bumper, especially if these become available for $45!!!

Cut it all up? It doesn't look like too terribly much work would need to be done to make it fit. But then again. I don't have an '08 so I don't know.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z314/imprezsing04/BumperVent.jpg

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Why not use the JDM one? Just mod the bumper to fit!

Ha, man I thought you were being sarcastic at first. The pic that I posted of the 2 vents, w1cked tried to hack them up and make them fit but he gave up on trying. I can see why too.

Fyi for everyone, the usdm reflectors are screwed in, the jdm vents snap in. The jdm bumper, where the vent snaps into, are a lot bigger than the usdm openings. The openings in the usdm bumper are pretty much non existent. Even if you do cut the usdm holes to be bigger and accommodate the clips, the jdm bumper is shorter in length, so the bumper curves quicker than the usdm's longer bumper. So the shape of the curvature is totally different. Also, the shape on the end is slightly different as well.

I've been busy and haven't caught up with the progress with the guy. Ill try and talk to him this weekend and ill probably take more pics of the openings, the backing of the jdm vent vs usdm reflector, etc. Also, I think he had to take a few more measurements on my car but I haven't been available.

Ill see if I can push at least having the prototype ready to show you guys within the next week or two. Thanks for the bump and I will keep you guys posted. Thanks! I really hope these come out nice!

Happy 4th of july!

Sorry I've been busy this weekend and so was the guy I've been talking to about this. But ill keep you guys posted. Don't worry, I'm not abandoning this project. Seems like a lot of ppl are interested...22 ppl so far and I want them for myself too if that's all I get out of this. I don't even really care to make any money off this so long as it won't be too much of a hassle for payments, shipping, etc

If it is not too late I would like to be in on this GB (assuming less than $60). I am certain this can be done, it is just a matter of finding someone good enough with plastics to develop a form. Either way it will be awesome when done! Just let me know when and where to send the $$ when they are ready. Edited by cholmes1

Happy 4th of july!

Sorry I've been busy this weekend and so was the guy I've been talking to about this. But ill keep you guys posted. Don't worry, I'm not abandoning this project. Seems like a lot of ppl are interested...22 ppl so far and I want them for myself too if that's all I get out of this. I don't even really care to make any money off this so long as it won't be too much of a hassle for payments, shipping, etc

You may want to PM tide. He may require you to sign on as a vendor in order to sell these on here. Or you could talk to msprank about pairing up with infamous performance for distribution.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I figured i would need to become a vendor. People would also feel more comfortable buying too. I dont have a product yet so i would probably make another thread when i actually have the prototype and become a vendor

You may want to PM tide. He may require you to sign on as a vendor in order to sell these on here. Or you could talk to msprank about pairing up with infamous performance for distribution.

How is the progress?

Sorry guys, nothing yet. He said he is working on something else that needs to get done first. I will keep updating. Sorry to keep you guys waiting. Trust me. Im waiting too! I want them on my car. The guy has my reflectors too so my rear bumper is bare in the slots.

just an updated list:

1.Imprezing04

2. Deadzep

3. mk6933

4. DPsubie

5. Biggu

6. Squiden

7. Scottyg7171

8. Underground000

9.W1cked

10.joeblow

11.06LegacyRBP

12.rdhoggattjr

13.SleeperLGT

14.Murphdaddy

15.Schrei Wolf (maybe)

16.1stick3pedals

17.rtbrjason

18.RIPjeep2002

19. monkonmonk

20. Bluewolf

21. skunkworks

22. Bbc84

23. cholmes1

24. biodtl

hopefully itll push the guy quicker if he knows i want to order 25!

Anyone who is interested and wants to be added to the list. Please add yourself (I added the last 3 posters), copy and paste, this will help the OP. Of course this list is not confirmed because we do not know the price so some may back out...

1.Imprezing04

2. Deadzep

3. mk6933

4. DPsubie

5. Biggu

6. Squiden

7. Scottyg7171

8. Underground000

9.W1cked

10.joeblow

11.06LegacyRBP

12.rdhoggattjr

13.SleeperLGT

14.Murphdaddy

15.Schrei Wolf (maybe)

16.1stick3pedals

17.rtbrjason

18.RIPjeep2002

19. monkonmonk

20. Bluewolf

21. skunkworks

22. Bbc84

23. cholmes1

24. biodtl

25. BigNYDog3

26. 300zx2g35

27. yamarider18

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Thanks guys for helping and supporting

I spoke to the guy today and he needs my car to do some more tests and measurements. Im going out of town monday-wednesday so im gonna be leaving my car with him. hopefully there will be something to show by Thursday. He has been trying to work on it but he told me "it's harder than it looks" ...lol

Lets keep the interest coming! And remember, the first "GB" will basically be my cost to get it from him plus shipping. Im making nothing from this. All the coordinating, payment, shipping, etc. is all my time. But if there is enough interest for a second GB, i may ask for another $5 on top or something so that my set could be free at least.

I already have to pay for a set that i promised W1CKED. He will probably get the first shipped set and i will get his feedback and then offer it to everyone else

I should ask him to make them look EXACTLY like the JDM ones? Actually, it does look amazing. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas to make them different. Like, only 3 parts separating instead of 4. Maybe that will be too complicating though...

looks good as-is i guess...JDM ones...(NOT my USDM ones im trying to get made)

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z314/imprezsing04/Exhaust_K2Gear3.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z314/imprezsing04/Nyomi_029.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z314/imprezsing04/DSC00746.jpg

New to the forum all! Count me in on the rear vents if production roll-out will below 50 greenbacks...Look forward to these!

1.Imprezing04

2. Deadzep

3. mk6933

4. DPsubie

5. Biggu

6. Squiden

7. Scottyg7171

8. Underground000

9.W1cked

10.joeblow

11.06LegacyRBP

12.rdhoggattjr

13.SleeperLGT

14.Murphdaddy

15.Schrei Wolf (maybe)

16.1stick3pedals

17.rtbrjason

18.RIPjeep2002

19. monkonmonk

20. Bluewolf

21. skunkworks

22. Bbc84

23. cholmes1

24. biodtl

25. BigNYDog3

26. 300zx2g35

27. yamarider18

28. OBPDemon

count me in

1.Imprezing04

2. Deadzep

3. mk6933

4. DPsubie

5. Biggu

6. Squiden

7. Scottyg7171

8. Underground000

9.W1cked

10.joeblow

11.06LegacyRBP

12.rdhoggattjr

13.SleeperLGT

14.Murphdaddy

15.Schrei Wolf (maybe)

16.1stick3pedals

17.rtbrjason

18.RIPjeep2002

19. monkonmonk

20. Bluewolf

21. skunkworks

22. Bbc84

23. cholmes1

24. biodtl

25. BigNYDog3

26. 300zx2g35

27. yamarider18

28. OBPDemon

29. wpmarky

Stick with the actual JDM bumper vent for the model. That is what everyone has signed on for...From previous GB threads I think as soon as you ask for opinions or options you can get yourself in to a mess really quickly.

Best,

C.H.