LegacyGT.com

Diagnose some problems

I'm writing this thread to get some help diagnosing a few problems on my 1995 Legacy L sedan.

1. The dash lights behind the gauges do not work.

I have already checked the fuses and replaced the bulbs inside the gauge cluster.

2. The speedometer does not work most of the time. It only goes up when I go highway speeds, and then it will jump around.

I have already checked the wire behind the gauge cluster and tightened the screws as well.

Any help with these problems would be greatly appreciated.:)

• I Donated
My old 97 Legacy GT had this problem. The factory wiring harness had been butchered by the prior owner. I figured out that the yellow wire with a stripe on it was suppose to be grounded out. When I grounded it out, my gauge lights worked again.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

No problem at all.

As far as the spedo goes, you will probably have to replace the gauge cluster.

What color stripe was on that yellow wire? I can't remember. Its been awhile since I've had to mess with it

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

Well I'm glad it worked out for you.

I figured this out on accident. I was messing with radio wiring while the car was running and the gauge lights flashed on. I just started connecting exposed wires to ground until it worked again

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived