LegacyGT.com

Recommendations for repair shops around the Bay Area

Tinman

Sorry if this has been asked before. Did a search and came up with nothing. I just moved from Sac area, so going up to Paul (DB Tuned) is a bit of a jaunt now.

Who do you guy's use here in the Bay Area? Regular maintenance and tuning?

Mann's - Santa Clara? Anything in SF or East Bay?

Thx

AHQ - Redwood City (my go to place, good prices, solid work)

GST - Hayward

EQ Tuning - Fairfield

South bay - not much around here as far as subie experts. If you have a garage / driveway, I can try to help with installs / maint.

• 3 weeks later...
AHQ - Redwood City (my go to place, good prices, solid work)

GST - Hayward

EQ Tuning - Fairfield

South bay - not much around here as far as subie experts. If you have a garage / driveway, I can try to help with installs / maint.

I think we know our way around Subarus quite well and we have been around for quite sometime. If you think there are not experts in the south bay, then I suggest you come and take a look at us as I am sure that we do somethings that others in the bay do not do. We have been really busy with the development of products for ALL Subies. We can do regular maintenance services and tuning as well as we bring in our tuner from Europe. Regards, Gary

Sorry if this has been asked before. Did a search and came up with nothing. I just moved from Sac area, so going up to Paul (DB Tuned) is a bit of a jaunt now.

Who do you guy's use here in the Bay Area? Regular maintenance and tuning?

Mann's - Santa Clara? Anything in SF or East Bay?

Thx

What are you looking to have done? Regards, Gary

I am actually in SF, but willing to drive a little for a good shop. I just need to get regular maintenance done. I refuse to go to the dealerships around here. Had bad experiences with Putnam and before them Ron Price.

Coming up to 150k so I need to have a tune up.

I am actually in SF, but willing to drive a little for a good shop. I just need to get regular maintenance done. I refuse to go to the dealerships around here. Had bad experiences with Putnam and before them Ron Price.

Coming up to 150k so I need to have a tune up.

Just shoot me a PM or hit us up and we can get you taken care of.

Regards,

Gary

I think we know our way around Subarus quite well and we have been around for quite sometime. If you think there are not experts in the south bay, then I suggest you come and take a look at us as I am sure that we do somethings that others in the bay do not do. We have been really busy with the development of products for ALL Subies. We can do regular maintenance services and tuning as well as we bring in our tuner from Europe. Regards, Gary

I know Mark didnt mean anything toward you with his answer.

I for one had no idea you even did service, the only time I have even heard of you guys is when you were selling those awesome swaybars a while ago.

Now that I know you do services, I'll have to check you out as you're closer than everyone else.

I know Mark didnt mean anything toward you with his answer.

I for one had no idea you even did service, the only time I have even heard of you guys is when you were selling those awesome swaybars a while ago.

Now that I know you do services, I'll have to check you out as you're closer than everyone else.

Regardless, we are here! :)

And we are selling a lot more then just the awesome Swift Swaybars as those are officially discontinued. :(

We had finalized the Swift Sport Springs for the 2010 car but never had the opportunity to test them out locally because some members here were extremely greedy about getting a set of free springs.

Regards,

Gary

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've used both GST and EQ and have no complaints except that labor rates in the bay are hilariously high (this isn't a comment on those shops, their rates are similar to everyone else in the area)

--

I would note that if you need major work done in norcal, the tow to socal is cheaper than the price difference. Harman/AQ did my engine and transmission rebuild and added a cusco front LSD (and did a great job) for what I was quoted by the major shops for just an engine rebuild.

$110-120/hr adds up. And the machine shops up here do some damage.

Obviously, this isn't going to matter for maintenance, even a timing belt, but if (when?) you pistons blow, it is good to know. It is the only reason I still have my car, otherwise i would have fixed it cheap (junkyard engine/transmission) and pawned it off given what doing it right (forged pistons, good shop, etc) cost up here.

• 4 weeks later...

We can do all the major and minor services as well using all Genuine Subaru parts and fluids. We can also upgrade fluids in the service as well to synthetics. Basic maintenance to installs of our suspension kits, bushings swaybars, alignment in house, and wheels and tires.

Regards,

Gary

Gary,

What do you guys charge for oil changes and various other fluid swaps? I don't trust Jiffy Lube , etc. anymore, and I have no space to do it at my place. Going to need a few done over the next few weeks for my engine break-in.

Cheers,

Josh

Gary,

What do you guys charge for oil changes and various other fluid swaps? I don't trust Jiffy Lube , etc. anymore, and I have no space to do it at my place. Going to need a few done over the next few weeks for my engine break-in.

Cheers,

Josh

Hi Josh,

It depends on what type of oil you choose to run with. PM for estimates.

Thanks,

Gary

Mann Engineering

www.mann-engineering.com

www.type-25.us

• 1 month later...

Archived