LegacyGT.com

Wagon or sedan?

Will you get the wagon or sedan?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get the wagon or sedan?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks like a 50/50 vote for what people are getting....I voted for the sedan. BTW...anyone download the B4 screen connector/screensaver from subaru's JDM website..? There is a really neat video thats included with it. Also check out some of the interior pics too. There is this really awesome pic with the drivers door open showing off the ivory/black interior....sweeeet
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

[quote name='Ridgeracer']looks like a 50/50 vote for what people are getting....I voted for the sedan. BTW...anyone download the B4 screen connector/screensaver from subaru's JDM website..? There is a really neat video thats included with it. Also check out some of the interior pics too. There is this really awesome pic with the drivers door open showing off the ivory/black interior....sweeeet[/quote] Post link please! :D

Piffle. I want the wagon (no implied apologies) because it looks better than the sedan, is more useful, and shouldn't give up very much in performance, if the WRX wagon is any indication. Further, wagons, all else being equal, will rotate better into a corner because of better weight distribution. And did I mention the Legacy wagon looks better than the sedan? :lol: The way that roof slopes rearward toward the bumper, and the verrrry elegant attached spoiler. Yummy! Kevin

How about a Black Wagon w/ STi Springs, and Spec B wheels in Bronze like this: [img]http://www.subydude.com/images/prod/products/Wheels/300/300/rota17tarmac2bronze50048_01.jpg[/img] (Those are Rota Tarmac II's as a representation.)

[img]http://www.subdriven.com/artman/uploads/007__scaled_600.jpg[/img] Are those the roof rails you're complaining about? Get the wagon in black and looks fine to me. Gotta have some rudders to keep her straight at 160. :D But seriously, I don't think it's a huge deal, I think my next one will be black again (they look so good when they're clean. :roll: ) It'll blend in for me. But as I usually say, to each their own. :) ***** EDIT: Okay just did a little more searching around and I see what you mean. [img]http://www.subdriven.com/gallerytk/generated/Automobiles/Legacy/2004/034__scaled_600.jpg[/img] I know they look a bit out there compared to the JDM, they definitely should have gotten an option for paint. Maybe they will. If not this year, I'll definitely do my best to see that it's done for next year. Definitely more attractive in any color with body-matched rails. [img]http://www.subdriven.com/gallerytk/generated/Automobiles/Legacy/2004/031__scaled_600.jpg[/img] It's those little things that make it look/feel upscale. ***** Side-note: heh, I can keep my post count down by editing instead of double-posting like many. I do that often-edit. 8)

You can see what I mean though. I am definitely considering the wagon but the painted roof rails would be the clincher. Either way like Kevin has been saying (repeatedly :lol:) that I won't be able to see those ugly things when I am cruisin' so it really doesn't matter. You can definitely see that the painted more low-profile roof rails are much more attractive.. much more upscale. Good job giving us the side-by-side looks... Oh, and I was just messing with you and your post count..... ...whore :lol::lol::lol:

I was messing with you and a couple others on your need to double-post to get more posts. :lol: I see what you're saying about the roof rails. Personally if I were you, if when they're released and there isn't an option for body-colored rails, I'd talk to the bodyshop manager at wherever you're buying the car to have those painted the same as the rest of the car right off the bat. Should add very little to the cost of the car but a lot for looks. I think I'll be doing the oven amber corner removal deal too. All for the cleaner Euro/JDM look. Don't know why the USDM has to be so ugly (and it's not totally Subaru.) A lot of the USDM regulations are just bogus in my book. Work some common sense into design, but they probably have to have the regulations or the damn bean-counters would remove lights because they cut into profits too much. :roll: Ah, more things to discuss... :D

The thing I can't tell with the wagon roof rails, is if we get the same roof as the rest of the world, or not. If we get the same roof, it's simple enough to get some Euro or JDM rails in the right color, and off we go. From the pix, we know that there are these little "bumps" on the roof that the rails bolt to. This means that it should be simple enough to just bolt some new ones on, rather than having to pull the headliner, as is necessary with the WRX wagon. I love the USDM wagon, and the rails look significantly better than the current Legacy's rails. The wagon also looks much better without the current hump (shared by the OB and Leg) in the roofline. But the Euro/JDM rails are much nicer, no doubt about it. On the other hand, without the current USDM rails, what would I lash stuff to, for schleppage? Kevin

Doesn't look like there is anything like a bar to lash around on the USDM rails. They just seem to unexplicably stick up higher than the rest of the world's. I don't get it, but black would help cover up several flaws.

Archived