LegacyGT.com

09 Harmon Kardon Stereo

jasejase

So, anyone else think the 09 HK setup is not what it's cracked up to be? Sub constantly seems to bottom out, and the adjustments just dont seem to get it 'right!'

Anyone make any minor modifications to this sound system that really made a difference?! I dont want to break the bank or tear the whole car apart...

Thanks!!

Thanks, I will take another look... I looked earlier, and didnt quite find what i was looking for. I do remember reading a thread shortly before i bought my 09 that addressed the whole situation... I Will look again!

Action Hank - i agree, it sounds 'alright.' But so does our 05 legacy limited. And its just a plain jane 05 h/u. If anything, i think the 05 sounds more balanced.

Actually, if you change out the HU, the speakers are pretty nice. I used an OBX's HK and put it into my LGT with a Kenwood HU, I have had a lot of people tell me the stereo sounds good. The bass is horrible, but mids and highs are great. BTW, suplemented with a sub....

some people seem to say, keep the h/u and switch up the amp and the sub, and like dwolson2, some people say the h/u is the main issue.

something to think about i guess!

Archived