LegacyGT.com

Replacing some suspension stuff, what else should I do

So my LCA bushings are torn and need to replace them. I'm going to replace front and rear LCA's with whitelines. I will also likely do steering rack bushings since they will be pretty shot too I'm thinking. My car is about to turn 75k miles so I'm also replacing struts and springs with KYB and rallitek (konis are just too expensive for me at the moment). Since the front endlinks have to come off anyways, I was thinking I will do the 25mm tribeca front sway bar and forester endlinks up front (followed up with a 22m in the back at a later date). Is there anything else I should be looking to replace at 75k miles. Particularly anything that has to come out for the other installs anyways. Let me know what you think

Just use the beefier RSB mounting brackets and get the Forester links for the Tribeca bar. I got the entire Tribeca bar setup SHIPPED for $137 you cant beat that with a bat or similar blunt object.

Make sure you grease up things while installing

Just use the beefier RSB mounting brackets and get the Forester links for the Tribeca bar. I got the entire Tribeca bar setup SHIPPED for $137 you cant beat that with a bat or similar blunt object.

Make sure you grease up things while installing

Yep, getting the forester rear endlinks and probably energy suspension bushings that appear to come with the mounts?

Is there anything else that screams replace me at 75k miles? What about top hats or tie rods or something like that?

I just got my LCA and steering rack bushings installed. I need to get new struts next.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I'm honestly not sure as I haven't done anything with the rear suspension of mine yet. You shouldn't need to remove them, but I was thinking along the lines that removing the endlink might make the job easier.

Where are you having the work done? Are you doing it yourself?

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I'm interested in what they charge for the strut/spring install.

I had folicar and dan_k install my LCA and steering rack bushings. Saved me quite a bit over the quote I got from Innovative.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you get everything installed yet?

Your rear endlinks will not need to come off for installation purposes. But you may want them removed to make room while you install. Your endlinks and sway bar come off in a jiffy, seeing you are back east you may want a can of liquid wrench in case of rust. We get that here in Pootah as well. Rust may be the biggest challenge with this job...unless you are super anal and have sprayed down your undercarriage weekly since you purchased the car...

Your rear endlinks will not need to come off for installation purposes. But you may want them removed to make room while you install. Your endlinks and sway bar come off in a jiffy, seeing you are back east you may want a can of liquid wrench in case of rust. We get that here in Pootah as well. Rust may be the biggest challenge with this job...unless you are super anal and have sprayed down your undercarriage weekly since you purchased the car...

I'm not doing the install as I can't afford any downtime currently. I may end up replacing my rear sway and endlinks first anyway since the back order is so long

What parts are backordered?

according to innovative, the kyb struts and the whiteline bushings. Fred beans appears to have them all in stock but I was waiting a few weeks anyways so idk. I kind of just want to get everything done already hah. my struts started making noise today. I'm waiting on innovative to email me back. sometimes they take forever

I'm going to start researching what parts I should replace with my struts and see if my bank account will allow me to start ordering. I hope to do the work myself.

I'm going to start researching what parts I should replace with my struts and see if my bank account will allow me to start ordering. I hope to do the work myself.

normally I would do it all by myself, but I don't have the time or the tools right now

The one tool people don't typically have on hand when doing strut work is a spring compressor. Other than that the strut replacement process isn't terribly difficult but it is time consuming.

Archived