LegacyGT.com

Second Generation BD stereo Wireharness

TexasLegacy2.5GT

I'm only one month under my 2.5 LGT Sedan. I bought her on a wholesale deal from Denver. Here is the issue that I am posting on here for.

I really, REALLY, disliked the cheapo Stereo that was installed in as a replacement to the OEM Subaru dual din chasis radio. From the looks of things the OEM stereo was stolen out of the car. The fake wood trim was broken and when I removed the radio the original wireharness was GONE. There was nothing but black electrical tape holding the pioneer harness in place. Looks like it was rigged into the car with black tape. Here is what I found:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Rubenjc111/6DEB8FEF-orig.jpg

And the OEM radio (which I picked up for nothing) looks like this:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Rubenjc111/55FDAEDE-orig.jpg

Can anyone help me find a OEM harness or the proper connectors for this ole. 99' stereo? I really plan to get a great aftermarket radio when the funds are available at a later time.

Thanks for any help.

if you check your local audio installation places, even best buy, they should carry the reverse radio harness for your vehicle, just tag it in, using the same color wiring that is on the aftermarket harness and you should be good to go

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

I don't think the OEM radio was stolen. It's easier to unplug the harness than to cut it out. IMO. It's more likely the previous owner was too cheap to buy the $7 wire harness...

That said, a reverse wire harness should work, or just match up the pinouts and splice everything together for an aftermarket deck or splice on some extensions and solder directly to the pins for a more permanent solution if you can't find the harness.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Solo,

I don't doubt that the douchebag first owner WAS too cheap to buy a 7 buck harness!! From the looks of the car he didn't do jack!! I have a TON of work to do to this car. But with that said. I have a Black 99' 2.5 GT with 98k on the clock that's 5spd. Got this car wholesale for 2,900. I already knew that I had a project coming my way.

Steve, no prob. I actually appreciate any and all help. I'm getting the radio trim and the HVAC trim on the center dash done in Di-NOC carbon fiber wrap while the stereo is out of the car. Gonna post a photo later of what it looks like when done!

Oh yeah!!

Archived