LegacyGT.com

GMR Tonight 5/29

ckLegacy09

Fortunatley you guys didnt come last night. We were all hanging out up there and a girl in a scion tc lost control at about 65 and crashed into my car and my buddy's car while nearly totaling a bmw 535i in the process... two pederterians were hit, one airlifted and the other transported via ambulance. After all the paperwork, police reports, and statements it ended up being a long night... didnt get home until 4:45. Sad to say I won't be going back to GMR for a long long time... Be safe my friends.

Damage was minimal to the Legacy. I got lucky. Just the front bumper needs to be replaced.

Fortunatley you guys didnt come last night. We were all hanging out up there and a girl in a scion tc lost control at about 65 and crashed into my car and my buddy's car while nearly totaling a bmw 535i in the process... two pederterians were hit, one airlifted and the other transported via ambulance. After all the paperwork, police reports, and statements it ended up being a long night... didnt get home until 4:45. Sad to say I won't be going back to GMR for a long long time... Be safe my friends.

Damage was minimal to the Legacy. I got lucky. Just the front bumper needs to be replaced.

sad.

gmr + big groups = disaster.

wtf...I was there last night

On my way up, some ppl told us about what happened up top

Me and my friend in the last car stopped, but my other 2 friends (White Altima Coupe, Black Si Sedan) went to the stop...

heard the story from the white EVO X guy...damnnn

Pretty much the reason I don't go up there anymore during weekends or holidays. I'm assuming this happened at the top where people park, I seen douchebags drift and do donuts there nearly hitting my parked car a few times.

Good thing you came out unharmed.

I'm not sure of the name either. my buddys and I just call it the point.

heres a short version of what happened... Anyway, this girl was comming down the hill from the GMR side and on the gas hard comming up the GRR road (no center line). Another guy in a white CRX was comming down GRR and went a bit wide to make the sharp turn to go down AZ Cyn. He slowed way down and she went wide to try to avoid hitting him (dont think she ever touched the brakes). Unfortunatley there isnt much room to go anywhere on the GRR road. She hit the dirt, lost the back end of her TC at about 65 or so (way way to fast esp with so many ppl up there). She slammed into a 535i, two pedestrians, and ended up facing the opposite direction finally stopping by sliding across my front bumper and hitting my buddy's civic. The two guys that were hit were in pretty bad shape. 1 was airlifted for a leg injury, fractured femur i think, and the other transported via ambulance. I have a feeling the 535 might be totaled... considering it was parked and it moved about 15 ft to the right when it was hit. Long story short, ended up gettin home at 445 after all the cars were towed and what not. long night and not the way I wanted to remember GMR. still don't think I will be back very soon...

not sure about any charges. chp is still investigating. I was on the phone with both chp and my agent yesterday. have to wait til the police report comes in to see what kind of insurance she has and go from there. I have a feeling they're gonna label it as a hit and run, which means I have to cough up for my deductable. idk, we'll see.

not sure about any charges. chp is still investigating. I was on the phone with both chp and my agent yesterday. have to wait til the police report comes in to see what kind of insurance she has and go from there. I have a feeling they're gonna label it as a hit and run, which means I have to cough up for my deductable. idk, we'll see.

I used to go up GMR a lot back when I still lived in the area. People get into accident every other time I'm was up there, pretty much all my friends that go up there on the regular have crashed. It's fun but there's always a risk, glad at least you were okay. Now you have a legit reason to swap to JDM bumpers or something...

Damn man glad you're ok. I can't bring myself to go out there outside of normal commute hours anymore. I've almost been hit head on twice by people taking up both lanes (the second time I almost drove off the side of the mountain) and had 2 friends get hit out there. One was PARKED taking pictures and someone came out of a corner and was looking at him instead of the road and understeered right into his mr2.

Now I pretty much only go there on the way to somewhere else or to mt baldy in winter.

All the good spots are too crowded now I wish we didn't live in the center of the car scene and enthusiasts could enjoy our hobby more safely.

Agree. I definatley wont be going back soon. If I do it will be mid day and mid week. Going to find better things to do in the local area. Adams motorsports park, maybe a couple cruises to PCH, and a trip to El Mirage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived