LegacyGT.com

Looking at an 05 LGT 5spd wagon in NJ, Anyone know this car?

damn i don't know this car but it def. seems clean. have you takin it for a test drive yet? from those pics i'd jump on it if i were you, maybe you could talk him down a bit but that's really a good price i'd say. has the timing belt been changed? the rear looks fine! tho i haven't seen it on a lift.... get under that thing and check it out!

For $11K that is all good if it checks out clean. I bought practically the same car a year and a half ago for $15K. A few miles less and some gold OZ wheels, but not much different. The scarcity issue is relative. If you are on this site all the time, plenty of LGT come up for sale, so it seems like you can get what you want if you don't mind traveling. It is rare to find a 5mt wagon unicorn randomly for sale for low money when you don't expect it from outside the site.

From looking at the last picture if you look at the paint it has been repaired. Not a bad job just needs a little more buffing to make it look more clean. You can see that atleast the rear bumper was painted because it is kinda blurry. I would inspect that car head to toe. The brake calipers look pretty rusty and that paint is mint?? Seems weird to me.

hey, i live in a city where a fresh bumper lasts a week tops!(too many ignorant people parking) so unless panels seem damaged and replaced i wouldn't worry too much about a bumper especially the rear... i think we all agree the wagon is worth further inspection just get that thing on a lift an take a bunch of pic's if you don't have a trusted mechanic we could try and help. maybe a vid or two?

Thanks guys, yeah it looks good, but if you look closely the exhaust is tweeked, in more on one side that the other and the bumper doesnt line up to the body right, almost looks like an aftermarket cover. I'm also looking at another one with less that 50K on it, i might jump on that one. I'll keep you posted. I had a GRP 5spd wagon back in 06 with cloth and no sunroof, would love to find that combo again! I'm just worried about that dealership i guess. They have a F rating on the BBB, not one ood review anywhere on the internet.

Thanks guys, yeah it looks good, but if you look closely the exhaust is tweeked, in more on one side that the other and the bumper doesnt line up to the body right, almost looks like an aftermarket cover. I'm also looking at another one with less that 50K on it, i might jump on that one. I'll keep you posted. I had a GRP 5spd wagon back in 06 with cloth and no sunroof, would love to find that combo again! I'm just worried about that dealership i guess. They have a F rating on the BBB, not one ood review anywhere on the internet.

I'd think I'd pass on that one...or get it for a lower price...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

? so whats the glaring hints? or subtle one's? i'm not trying to argue or be a smart ass , i just want to get better at seeing this stuff. what did u see?

glaring ones:

hazy rear bumper

bent exhaust tip

shady dealer

subtle:

minor mods...sti pedal set, shift knob, shift pattern sticker, and debadged

missing engine cover clips

you can't tell from the pics, but an easy way to tell what was modded is to look for wrench marks on the exhaust bolts (or any bolts for that matter)

I'm not saying I'd pass b/c it was modded, but b/c of the "glaring" points.

subtle:

minor mods...sti pedal set, shift knob, shift pattern sticker, and debadged

missing engine cover clips

Don't even worry about the pedals and shifter knob. It's a factory option that is dealer installed. I have them on my wagon and they were installed by the dealer before I took delivery.

Performance Grp 1, manual transmission only

STi Short Throw Shifter, Sti metal Pedal kit, Momo Shift Knob

Pull the tranny dip stick, is it clean ? these trannys tend to run clean, ask if it was just changed. What does the engine oil look like ?

I'll be trying to sell my wagon soon. You need to know what your buying. I'm putting a used rear diff (40,000 miles on it) in mine and having the sycnhro's and a new 3rd/4th gear and thurst bearing. Had all the tranny bearings changed last summer.

Does the tranny make noise ?

It looks good but the dealer rating is not that good, looks can be deceiving.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Don't even worry about the pedals and shifter knob. It's a factory option that is dealer installed. I have them on my wagon and they were installed by the dealer before I took delivery.

Performance Grp 1, manual transmission only

STi Short Throw Shifter, Sti metal Pedal kit, Momo Shift Knob

I realize that. Factory options or not, it still shows the PO(s) was interested in personalizing the car a bit more to his tastes.

It makes one wonder "how was else was the car modified in non-obvious ways?"

Pass on it! I have overlooked the photos. Again in the last picture look at how the crease Paint wise around the side door protectors(forgot what they are called) It looks real strange. Again if anything have it looked at by a body shop if not Subaru.

Our LGT's aren't as scarce as many people think.. you might just have to invest in a plane ticket.

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/cars-sale-29.html

Only 1461 LGT wagons with the 5 speed were ever made for the US market. Relatively rare, IMHO.

I'd pass on this particular one, because it's been repainted. There's orange peel on the rear bumper/fender.

Archived