LegacyGT.com

Installed 16g, 650cc, avo255. Very very lean LV on break in map. Trouble shooting.

Deadleave

I just installed a 16g with 650cc and avo255 pump.

The map is base WG boost to break in turbo.

LV is taken after ~80 miles of driving under 3500 rpm.

I was wondering if the LV can show if fueling is working properly ? Making sure injectors are firing and pump is supplying fuel.

It seems like LV in idle is very very lean. Is this something to do with the map or hardware issue that needs to be looked at ASAP. Intake is stock with K&N panel filter.

1148999002_LearningView_SS_5-27-2011120453PM.jpg.a0f827aa5d89d4d86ed965873d19823c.jpg

I have a good tuner but didn't want to bothering him with it till i knew it wasn't a mechanical issue.

Make sure you have correct fuel pressure. MAF sensor clean? Remember K&N filter is very oily and it will end up on the sensor. Maybe clean the sensor and swap back to the stock filter.

What injectors are you using? Since you are using a stock intake and just a panel filter life is easier as the MAF scaling should be close to stock, which is very accurate. This leaves the injector scalar and latencies...

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Thanks

injectors are DW 650cc redtops.

Ill clean the MAF and see if it makes a difference. Correct me if I am off, but i thought ~+15% is getting near CEL trigger, so I am just being careful.

15% is pretty extreme. CEL or no depends how your map is set up.

Do you have a WBO2? If I were running non-stock injectors this would be on my must-have list.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's not a dirty MAF sensor... mine runs pig rich in that case. Log everything, speed isn't important. I'm gonna go with vacuum leak or injector latency.

Thanks guys,

I tweaked map got it down to +6 area. And the 5.60-10.00 is still "0"

But I am going to do a vacuum leak test, around the intake manifold, and injectors seats.

Base map for making sure my fueling was in good shape before doing any pulls.

The 5.6 - 10 g/s range is kinda useless. It's just above idle, and just below a slow cruise. That makes it difficult to get the car to spend enough time in that range to get LV to show useful numbers.

Learning View is useful for sanity-checking but it gives you only a very rough idea of what changes need to be made in the tune. Generally speaking it's a lot more useful to make data logs and use those to guide your tuning decisions.

I hope its clear in this thread, that this isnt about the tune or the tuner, but rather my wish to provide the tuner a good platform to tune under. That my vehicle is sound and the upgraded parts are all in working order. Last thing I would want is my tuner to tune around a hardware issue.

With that said, my tuner been nothing but helpful, even when I can be annoying with questions.

I think you went about it as best you could. You noted in post 1 that you were happy with your tuner and did not want to bother them if it was a mechanical issue. I took that as you trying to assist the tuner and make sure things were tight mechanically.

You never pointed fingers, never really complained. Just asked a question, really about how LV works and less about your tune.

Your title does not scream "tune issue" either.

I think this was one of the more tame threads to begin prior to tune completion. Most end with "my tuner fixed it", but I think you gave good info to start and no fingers were pointed.

I hope when your tune is complete you have a great running car, an ear to ear grin and an overall experience that you are pleased with. All tuners need to be given the opportunity to complete their work.

romraiderlog_20110530_110809.csv

This is the idle log I took while checking for vac leak.

The part where AFR goes rich is where i sprayed into the intake a bit to check what the change in sounds should be like. I didnt find anything significant....but I am going to check the intercooler to turbo join. I think I saw small bubbles as fluid got sucked in, but didn't see anything in the logs, or hear the engine change sound.

Maybe its the norm, but I see that its goes rich at start, then leans out, then stabilizes.

Please let me know if I left out a parameter to log that would be beneficial.

Thanks guys, learning a lot here

That was a really long log. I only got about a third through it, lol.

The ECU is basically learning at idle all the time. It can make adjustments all the time. You see in your log it figures it out, settles idle down to 950-990rpm and locks in AFR around 14.5.

Seems pretty good.

Archived