LegacyGT.com

ABS Brake pump leaking?

I'm real new to the subaru game, just bought a 94 legacy that has had the engine and suspension replaced about 40k miles ago. As of this morning my brake pump started leaking, it only leaks when the pedal is pushed all the way to the floor but it also takes pushing the pedal to the floor to stop the car. If anyone has any idea whats up, let me know. Thanks!

• I Donated

Your pedal is going to the floor because of the leak.

Check to make sure the brake lines going into the ABS pump are tight. Then bleed your brakes and see if the problem gets better

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Okay, will do. Should that stop the leak as well? Its not from the pump. Its the ABS unit come to find out. Its right next to the intake. Its not leaking out of the top lines its one of the middle rods on the side towards the firewall.

• I Donated

OK, no offense but you officially have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

The ABS pump on your car is right behind the passenger headlight. I think you're talking about the master cylinder and the brake booster. If thats leaking out the back of it, then you need to replace the master cylinder.

Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.2carpros.com/images/articles/brakes/master_cylinder/brake_master_cylinder.jpg

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I don't know a whole lot. But I do in fact know that I was talking about the ABS pump. Located, depending on how you look at the car, in front of the intake/ behind the passenger headlight. I figured out that its a pretty common issue, have to either buy a rebuilt one or have mine rebuilt. Luckily I've made friends with legitimate mechanics that this whole adventure will only cost me about two high bills.

It's funny how it's referred to as a "pump", but it doesn't pump anything.

Also when talking about locations on a vehicle, its common to reference locations as you are sitting in your car. Ex: right front of the engine bay, would be the area the ABS module is located.

Archived