LegacyGT.com

Help me buy another 4th-gen LGT

Okay, so about 6 months ago I traded in my 2007 BSM LGT on a 2008 BMW 335xi. It turned out to be a huge mistake, and I'm in the market for another LGT.

The local dealership is running a contest for a smallish gift certificate ($100) for whoever can post the picture that gets the most "Likes" on their facebook page.

Right now I have have the only 4th gen legacy picture up. Took it last summer after a detail.

Anyway, if you have a free minute;

1. Navigate to their group: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Van-Bortel-Subaru/33142707050

2. Then simply scroll down until you see the pretty 4th gen LGT below and "like" that photo.

That's it! Thanks everyone, can't wait to be back in an LGT.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/249629_778712007975_24400701_38194193_51906_n.jpg

Probably aiming for 2007-2008 to keep SI-Drive.

The Bimmer was a great car, but it was literally in the shop more than my garage. In the 4 months I owned it I went through 1 HPFP (typical of these cars), 4 injectors, 1 exhaust, 1 exhaust vanos solenoid and 1 engine compartment cover which the dealer broke replacing the injectors.

The dealer was also a huge issue. They straight up lied to me about the cars history (said it had never had a HPFP replacement, when in fact, it had), and 5 days after I took delivery, they hit my car in their lot damaging the rear quarter panel and bumper. They paid to have it repainted of course, but it was another 3 days without my car, and the work done by their "body shop" was less than stellar.

All in all, just not a great experience. Didn't cost me anything really since I bought the 335xi with a great CPO warranty, but what fun is a car you never get to drive?

True, 07 and 08 are two different body "styles", look for an 08 ;)

Haha, I like both, but the 2008 updates are nice. Especially if I go with an auto, having paddle shifters would be terrific.

I'd really love a 2009 to get the Harmon Kardon audio, but those are commanding a premium it seems.

I had an 09 2.5i special edition with the harmon kardon, however my 08 LGT LTD does not:

Squinty500.png

I'd say go for an 08 5mt or 5eat if you can, the updates are nice and the price difference probably won't be much at all....

Archived