LegacyGT.com

COBB AP - WTF? Launch & Flat-foot shifting

Greetings all. I just don't get this Cobb AP. I'm at stg 3 and the Launch and flat-foot shifting settings are available.

Here's my dilema: Shouldn't the launch be set as low (RPMs) as possible? I'm running a 20G billet screw and it doesn't spool until 3.5k or so. Doesn't launch mean most of the power is going to the rear wheels? So, I'd want maximum propulsion from the hole until the screw kicks in. No? :confused:

Also, the FFS, shouldn't that be in the power band? Say, 4k or so? So I can run the gears without doubling or lifting my foot? Or do I misunderstand what flat foot shifting is?

And finally, once I make the changes in the AP, how do I know they've gone to the car? The little gears don't go around or a progress bar show like when I load a new map. How can I tell I've actually changed the settings?

Any help or experience would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

You can set the launching RPMs. Power will be going to all 4 wheels because your car is awd. The higher the better launching rpms:) but horrible on your transmission

Doesnt the 20g hold boost past redline? You can FFS at redline, this would be better then at 4k

In the AP, under tuning (or something) this is where you turn those on

You will also need their maps w/ this enabled

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Where did you find the maps for FFS and LC for the 2008? They claim they're available here: http://accessecu.com/accessport/subaru/lgt/LGT-Maps-08-09-Stock-Intake.html, but I can't find them.

cobbtuning maps. its updated

http://accessecu.com/accessport/subaru/lgt/LGT-Map-Grid.html

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Before you use launch control you better do some reading and understand what it does.

You'll want a good clutch, and set the rpm around 6400rpm or more. Every car is different.

I'm sure you can find some videos on you tube.

During full throttle shifthing the timing is cut so the engine doesn't rev to high and the turbo stays in boost.

As I understand it, during launch control, while you have the clutch in, throttle wiide open, the timing is retarded so the unburned fuel is lite-off in the turbo, causing it to spool and build boost, you can also set launch boost if you have a gear depended set up.

When its done right the car leaves without much tire spin.

Watch some of the import drag racing videos.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Doesn't launch mean most of the power is going to the rear wheels?

no.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived