LegacyGT.com

Wire and Hose tuck and delete.

I have away needed to do this to simplify engine work and prevent harmful emissions from running back into the engine which dirties up the entire intake all the way from the TB to the Valves.

it retarded that the insides of my intake are just as black as the insides of my headers.

how many of you look at you engine and wonder what each and every thing does? there are so many things on the engine that add so much crowing... simple is better and more reliable.

i know alot of the stuff can be deleted and the rest hide but we need to know what is what first and we dont know what alot of it even does.

iv been thinking about starting a detailed thread about each and every part at least under the hood.. one thread with pics and details for each part. i have started it in word already but need more sources to complete it.

please contribute.

Simple is better and more reliable if, and only if, what you are simplifying can be done so without sacrificing function. Remember that, before you start closing things off.

What is under the hood that you don't know what it does? I'm sure the collective could tell you what everything does.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• I Donated

how many of you look at you engine and wonder what each and every thing does? there are so many things on the engine that add so much crowing... simple is better and more reliable.

The only cars that I look under the hood and say "what the **** is that thing" is on some German cars lol

Most of the "extra" stuff under your hood is all emissions related. If you used a mechanic fuel pump and an old school distrbutor setup with a carburator, you could cut out all the excess sensors and what not.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

ha yea those older cars have nothing on them... and yes i under stand some sensors are needed.

like, cam postition and crank postition, airflow, coolent temp, oil pressure. speed sensors and o2 but what are all these random emessions soliniodes and stuff that adds like 10 feet of vac line!

and what aabout the fuel system. i see a sending line and a return line but whats the other line for that jimmys off the rail rail, run though a bunch of dohickey lines, runs into that random canister thing by the abs, and then bank to the gas tank. like really im just gonna unplugging stuff and caping things off and by passing and see what happens. i need a code reader that can delete codes too.

DONT DO THAT!!!!!

I'm pretty sure what you just described is your evap. canister. It stores all of the evaporated fuel from your tank. if you remove it from the system A) you are guaranteed to fail a smog check, anywhere, hands down. B) your gas tank cant hold the pressures created by expanding and evaporating fuel under certain conditions, that's why you have a charcoal (evap) canister that is attached to your fuel system to absorb those extra vapors.

In short, if you remove that piece from the system you will either be losing gas from your tank every time it gets hot AND fail a smog test, or you will bulge your tank out on a hot day from the internal pressure, and fail a smog test.

I'm not trying to insult you in any way, but the people that get hired to design these things are way smarter than us, and they have an engineering degree as well...

Hope that helps

The EGR actually helps you out a lot. when you are cruising on the freeway, or just cruising the EGR brings inert exhaust gas into the combustion chamber which effectively reduces the chamber volume, cools the chamber down, and reduces the fromation of NOX (oxides of nitrogen, formed over 2500 degrees) they are bad...

Like I was saying, the people who design these cars and the things that make them work are much smarter than we are...

Archived