LegacyGT.com

2000 Subaru Legacy B4

aaendewy

Hi, During the pass few weeks, I've been looking up on Subaru Legacy B4, and came across a 2000 Model done about 100k's the owner gave me an offer and I do not know much about the 1999 - 2003 Legacy Models so I said I'll come back, I was told by a mechanic "Legacy overheats at some point and may blow engine quite easily" I did not believe him as much because I was told Legacy is a reliable model and was build well.

Things I would like to know is how well the engine runs? Any one have troubles they came across during the times of owning the car, A short list would help.

I could be wrong but I thought the B4 were not really produced. Kind if like the 22B, they made a few but not for the USA.

I'm pretty sure some of the 2.5 engine had head gasket problems around 100,000 miles. during the time period your looking at.

Check out the forum for that year car below.

THere may be links at the bottom of this page ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thank you for your responds.

I live in New Zealand, there's RSK B4 or B4 models. It's both 2.0L Twin Turbo Engine with about 280bhp for RSK B4 and 256bhp B4, we also have a 2.5L Models but the model I am looking at is the RSK B4.

If the head gasket is a problem for 2.5L then it may.. maybe be the same for the 2.0L I will keep a note of that, thank you.

Any responds are helpful

Archived