LegacyGT.com

Suspension/Handeling Upgrades on 3.0R?

Looking to upgrade the handling a bit on my 09 3.0r sedan. Not sure what swaybars would be good as i dont know what it has. does it have the same stock bars as an lgt? Not looking to drop $1000 on coilovers, just a few simple upgrades.

As far as performance upgrades go, all i did so far is put some perrin cans on it that probably dont add much hp at all just sound, and a drop in k&n filter. There isnt many performance upgrades for us unless you wanna drop some serious coin on a supercharger or headers.

im pretty sure the rear sway bar is the same as the gt and the front in the same as the 2.5i did the perrin cans bolt right up i also have a 3.0r

Yeah straight up install. Just got te axle backs. Bought them from

A member in here though and he said they don't make them anymore.

Install Items in this order: Springs/Struts, Bump-Steer Kit from Whiteline (Optional), Endlinks, Rear swaybar, then maybe some LCA Bushings.

Thanks for the list. Thats what I was looking for. Now when I do get some of those things should I be buying them for an lgt 05-09 or a 2.5i.

Everything should all be the same except for the front sway, which I think your stuck with the same options us 2.5i folks have: 25mm Tribeca or 23mm rallitek

So far my suspension is pretty much stock. My LCA bushings were shot so I replaced them and steerig rack bushings with Whiteline. I also have some Eibach springs here, just waiting till I can buy some new struts to replace as well. I'm probably going to go with KYB GR2 due to price. Then I'm going to either look for a JDM RSB and call it good, or get the 25mm front bar and maybe a 22mm rear bar. I haven't decided yet.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Solo whats the stock size of the front bar on the 2.5i? 19mm? If so then I'd say just get a 22mm rear, but then again...I like having controllable oversteer. So to the OP, looks like fitment of suspension parts are the same for the GT and 2.5i minus the front swaybar.

I'm not sure, but plan to change the oil today so I can measure it.

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Glad someone posted as I just realized this morning that I forgot to measure mine!

Are there any springs on te market out there that don't lower the car that much? I'm seeing 1.5" in the front as the most common. I live in NH so I'd like to maintain a relatively high ride height

Are there any springs on te market out there that don't lower the car that much? I'm seeing 1.5" in the front as the most common. I live in NH so I'd like to maintain a relatively high ride height

I was in the same boat. I wanted a bit better stance and firmer springs w/o lowering the car since I live near Buffalo and we get lots of snow. There aren't many options, but you have 3:

Pinks: .5" drop front and rear. You could use shims in the rear for stance purposes. I would have liked to go this route, but they are on the expensive side.

Epic Engineering: 1" drop front, .8" rear. Lots of great info about these springs here.

Eibach Pro Kit: 1" front, .8 (or .76 depending on where you look). Not as common as Epic springs, but Eibach makes the Epic springs and some say they are the same.

I found a good deal on Eibach so I grabbed them. I haven't installed them yet, but hope to do so in the next couple months. I have 89k so I don't see any point installing just springs on my OEM struts. My struts are still ok (they pass the push down test) but when pushing my suspension you can tell they are starting to show their age. I need to save up for new struts.

will do. Realistically it may be later on this summer. My wife's Outback needs struts bad and I agreed to install new suspension on her car before mine. I recently took a new position at work and while my base pay is slightly higher, my bonuses are much smaller so I'm making a bit less and my wife is only working part time so I'm not sure how long it'll take me unfortunately :(.

In the meantime here's two pics. My car is on the left and has stock springs. The car on the right is on Eibach springs. A nice subtle difference IMHO.

OEM 2.5i springs:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6775/img0461qc.jpg

By soloz2 at 2011-05-22

Eibach Pro Kit:

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/1020/img0463cs.jpg

By soloz2 at 2011-05-22

Pics taken from my iPhone just after a truck swap.

will do. Realistically it may be later on this summer. My wife's Outback needs struts bad and I agreed to install new suspension on her car before mine. I recently took a new position at work and while my base pay is slightly higher, my bonuses are much smaller so I'm making a bit less and my wife is only working part time so I'm not sure how long it'll take me unfortunately :(.

Maybe I'll beat you to it then. I'll post about it when i do it

RalliTEK and Vogtland springs are also mild drop springs with progressive rates. If you haven't heard of Vogtland, they are popular with BMW and Audi owners when paired with Koni shock absorbers.

Here's a pic to show the stance of my Vogtland's. Koni's sitting in my closet, to be installed soon...

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n75/N_sane88/Project%20Layla/IMG_0011copy-1.jpg

Everything should all be the same except for the front sway, which I think your stuck with the same options us 2.5i folks have: 25mm Tribeca or 23mm rallitek

If this is the case then does it matter what front endlinks i get?

If you get the 22mm RalliTEK front sway bar, you can use the RalliTEK HD front end links.

If you get the 25mm Tribeca front sway bar, you have to use a REAR end link from an older Forester...

parts list:

(1) 25mm tribeca bar: 20401XA00A

(2) Forester Rear end links: 20470SA011

(2) Tribeca sway bushings: 20414XA01A

Retail-$179.87

see if you can score a deal with the parts dept.

Archived