LegacyGT.com

0103 code help!!!

hey everyone, i went to start my car with my remote starter just now and my car died after start up. i then started the car with the key and went to give it gas and it died again....... i got it started and moved into the garage and plugged my AP in and got the code 0103 which said mass air flow something. What does this mean? and should i worry about it or just delete it and carry on?

Depending on age and what is done to the car it could be numerous things. What year? What mods?

If there are no mods check if your filter is overly dirty or wet and if its either clean/replace/dry said filter.

Check the maf sensor and if its dirty clean it with maf cleaner(not too close but spray from 1 foot distance and clean with paper towel GENTLY)

Unplug battery or reset ecu with your tool of choice.

If its an old high mileage car the maf might be going.

Reasoning behind p0103 code is when the maf sensor is fouled by water or gunk or faulty sensor or wiring to the sensor.

If anyone is reading this feel free to add or correct my comments thx!

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

MAF voltage CEL code - dirty or malfunctioning MAF sensor.

Buy MAF sensor cleaning @ Kragen or your local autostore. Unplug the MAF sensor and spray it gently to clean it out.

Was it raining recently in your area? I would get the code if I floor it while it's raining. My CAI would inhale water and trigger the code. It hasn't done it since I replaced the filter though.

Archived