LegacyGT.com

Sunroof tilts but doesnt slide open

Hello, I'm new to this site and own a 1999 Legacy GT limited that needs some love. I have a couple questions i hope you guys can help with

I recently had the water pump changed, after the work was done my sun roof stopped sliding back. It still tilts up and down. It worked perfectly before i had the car in the shop. I took the car back and they agreed to look at it and see if something was accidentally disconnected. They were unable to find the problem. I haven't been able to find much info on the internet about the sunroof or problems like mine.

Has anyone ever had this problem?

Is there a fuse for the sunroof? I cant seem to find one!

Thanks in advance

• I Donated

Your switch is likely bad. The sunroof switches in our cars SUCK. My old 97 GT did this and my friends 97 GT did this as well. A new switch fixed it.

If i remember right, the switch is like 30 bucks from the dealer

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

interesting...Ive tried to play with the switches repeatedly. When i first got the car i had a hard time figuring it out so ive got a good idea of the functions now

I have attempted to check the switch with an ohm meter to see if there is a connection when switched but i cant seem to make sense of the problem. I was hoping that using a jumper wire i could activate the slide part to verify the motors still work but i cant seem to figure out how exactly the switches work.

Anyone have a wiring diagram of the legacy?

starting with jan 1 1999, production dates they started making the 30? year anniversery limited edition, for 12 months i think.

came with dual sunroofs. the front one tilts and the rear one slides open.

i'm on the road for a few days but i'll check anf compare the switch / control unit to the one in my 97 GT.

starting with jan 1 1999, production dates they started making the 30? year anniversery limited edition, for 12 months i think.

came with dual sunroofs. the front one tilts and the rear one slides open.

i'm on the road for a few days but i'll check anf compare the switch / control unit to the one in my 97 GT.

Let me know what you find out...

i just bought a 1998 gt wagon and my sunroof seams like it is not hooked to the track im thinking i need to pull the headliner out to investigate. any tips??

I had the same problem on my old subaru. The cable detaches from the sunroof, and I have tried to fix it but nothing really works that well. JB weld held for 4 opens and 3 closes. And it is hard to find working replacements.

Archived