LegacyGT.com

Help me get my suspension sorted out

doctorbrody

After ignoring a leaky CV boot all winter I just replaced my clicking passenger side half shaft without too much trouble. When I lowered the car down and put it in reverse I got a loud squeaking sound that changes in frequency with my speed in reverse.

Slow: squeeeek....squeeeeek.

Fast: squeeksqueeksqueeksqueek.

Still doing it a week later. No squeeks when I drive forward. Wha?

In a probably unrelated issue, my driver side inner tie rod boot is torn, which I discovered after hearing an epic grinding noise on a 90 degree left turn. PS fluid level is fine. New inner tie rod and boot is the next step, right?

• 2 weeks later...

18g.

No, your logic isn't sound. The driveshaft spins regardless of whether or not you are in gear.

Since you haven't even mentioned what transmission you have, can you really expect any replies?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

How about the dust shield against the brake rotor. I know you'd intitutively think it would it it forward AND reverse, but if it is on the leading edge when in reverse, it could potentially do it in only one direction. Pull your wheel, push INWARD on the dust shield (the flimsy metal thing on the car side of the rotor) all the way around. Then try again.

Archived