LegacyGT.com

Front rotors always a problem!

blongo804

Hey everyone, I've been having some brake problems. First off, I'm buying OEM style aftermarket brakes. My dad never had a problem with this brand so we continue to use them. 9 months since I put the last front rotors on, they have a pulsation to them (especially driver side). Annoying. Now we just replaced them under warranty and these ones squeak like crazy all the time when braking. What's the deal here? Do I really need to buy OEM right from Subaru to get a good brake for my LGT? The aftermarket ones are never a problem on my family's other vehicles.

Just looking for a bit of insite.

Thanks!

What kind? I got DBA's and love them. sometimes if you get something hard stuck in the brake (like a rock) you can push it out with a hard stop. Still, I'm no subaru tech.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

Do NOT buy OEM pads. They suck. What brand are the aftermarket ones you got? And what type of rotors are they? And what did you replace them with when you warrantied them? (same brand?)

After years of putting up with this issue on my 05, last week I took the advise I got from the guy's hear and put Hawk HPS pads on my SpecB. I also removed the slotted rotors from the 05 had them turned and put them on the SpecB as well.

For years I had Bendix Ceramic pads on the 05 and they would still build up dust and cause the shimmy.

I only have about 150 miles on the new pads. All is fine.

The rotors that came off the SpecB have a bunch of deposits on them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'll have to try some anti-rattle, thanks for the suggestion, underground!

As for brands, i'm using in house aftermarket stuff. Like Autopart brakes or something like that? Same as OEM, just generic is a better word I guess. I'm also using ceramic pads of the same brand. This could be the problem...?

Archived