LegacyGT.com

Baddog's 96 "L" 5/14/2011

So how is a Spectre filter from Autozone, Chinese eBay intake pipe + blue hoses, and grounding kit not rice then?

how is any of that rice when they are all effective ways of increasing power and fuel economy?

its all been dyno proven that the 'spectre filter' and 'chinese intake pipe' do more to add power and mpg then their $100+ counterparts

i also dont see how a grounding kit even remotely considered rice on any vehicle

and theres like 4" total of blue hoses so i dont feel like thats even worth using to justify your argument

i really dont even think the bumper looks that bad, big deal its black... this is a DD, not a show car

it doesnt have a whale dick muffler ziptied to the back, chrome, or any obnoxious stickers so i dont see where your coming from with this rice talk

If you read the thread. I am sure you didn't and if you were able to CLEARLY READ and see. You would see that things have been changed. That green fugly paint is gone. I am also now running a hybrid intake with a K&N drop in panel filter. Grounding kit has been rewired. And those blue hoses and the blue couple are still there. Been meaning to change those out. After all it's what came with the kit. Yeah it needs to be changed out.

This will happen this Friday. But my engine bay looks closer to the last engine bay picture in my thread.

And aftermarket wheels? I am pretty happy with the 05 WRX rims I have on there now. They have held up GREAT off road. This car is far from a show car. I drive it like I stole it out on country roads and dirt roads. It's nothing fast and it sure isn't a dragster. And I don't drive it like it is.

The Hybrid intake is known to give power. So that cheap Ebay intake does a fine job. It may not be a lot but it is something. Many people have done EXACTLY what I have done. So I guess the 2nd gen community is rice. Fair enough everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Car looks real good for a DD! Like the photoshop deal too. Will look even better if you get it to that point in real life.

Can you explain your "hybrid intake"? I might be picking up a 97 LGT and would be interested in maybe throwing that mod at it.

Archived