LegacyGT.com

rotor turning

Lookatmyrust

i got a rock stuck in my new breaks and was wonding what i should do. i was thinking that i should had the surface turned again..

but now becasue of what the rock did to the rotor the rotor heats up unevenly and warps i think.

at certain speeds the rotor will start to warp.

these frozen treated rotors and im wondering if they may be done or if i can have the surfaces redone.

if i can have the rotors remachined and lose about 1/32 of the rotor face i should do that to both sides. or even both rotors. and get new pads right?

Wow lot of info there.

Yes you can have the rotors turned should cast about $30 for both. I just picked mine up the other day.

As for the cryo treatment, IMO not worth it unless your tracking the car. Even then...

Unless the pads are real bad just sand them flat and put them/it back in.

You should have both turned so they are equal.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

thank you so much.. i was hoping that would be be the answer. saved me lots of money.

otherwise, before the rock got in their these were solid rotors and i could not warp them on the street. though i sure you guy could on the track.

get both turned and get the pads flat. got it.

Depends on their machine equipment. Max just had slotted rotors turned. It takes much longer to do slotted rotors (because you have to remove material much more slowly).

You can take slotted rotors to a machine shop to get evened out. They can clamp them on a mill-table and take them down that way.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived