LegacyGT.com

tarmac 1 coilover test drive

JaeGT

Just wondering if anyone within an hour of worcester has tarmac1 coilovers and could give me a test ride around the crappy roads of mass... I'm just not feelin it for the isc's I have. Thanks.

got a test drive from cchen. thanks again chris. the T1's ride really well and absorbs the pot holes/dips/bumps. boston is a true test of "comfort". haha.

I'm sure PA is comparable. More (crappy) paved roads than any other state. Driving here is awful. Forced me to do 225/45's instead of 225/40's for the spec B rims. There's always construction and nothing gets fixed....ever...

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

I'm sure PA is comparable. More (crappy) paved roads than any other state. Driving here is awful. Forced me to do 225/45's instead of 225/40's for the spec B rims. There's always construction and nothing gets fixed....ever...

When I went down to blairsville to visit my buddy at wyotech I was in love with the roads down there... lol

• I Donated
Okay, are these coilovers for-real comfortable in Boston, or is it the "tuner" definition of comfortable? I had a lot of people say the coilovers I put on my Infiniti G20 rode great before I bought them, but driving around in Boston with them on was torture. I sold them and got adjustable shocks with the stock springs. I'm not sure whether to get something like the Tarmacs for my LGT, or stick with Konis.

i never rode koni's. i had spec b bilsteins/swifts first, that was okay. then i had and currently have isc coilovers. even on softest settings, pot holes could be felt and anything uneven wasn't comfortable. i'm very picky.... i was very surprised with chris's wheel/tire setup 18x7.5 225/40/18 and with the T1's they were more comfortable than my isc 17x8 235/45/17. bumps were never jarring. you should definately ask around anyone in MD with T1's and get a test drive too.

The T1's are by far my favorite suspension mod I've done to date. It's worth every penny I've paid for them.

I've sat in many cars with coilover setups. All of them have been harsh. The worst was probably Koni coilovers on a GTI. I couldn't stand more than 30 minutes in the car. I swore to never deal with coilovers and had the preconceived notion that they would be extremely harsh. After purchasing a set of T1's all that went out the window.

I'm currently on 6k/6k spring rates. The car has a set of 18x8 Rota Gravels wrapped with 235/40 Hankook V12's. The sidewalls are relatively stiff. My drop has about 1 tight finger gap all around. The ride compliance is still far superior to stock. Anything you throw at the T1's; dips, bumps, railroad crossings, expansion joints, etc. The car is never upset.

I forgot to mention that I have the T1’s set at 3 clicks from full soft.

It’s a great feeling when my girlfriend would cringe when she sees something along the road that I can’t avoid. It could be a pothole, expansion joints, or uneven patched roads. After I pass through the area, there’s a sigh of relief because the car is so composed and utterly unshaken by any obstacles. I find myself doing the same thing sometimes because I’m in awe how well this setup handles the harshest NYC roads.

Here are the 3 best passenger comments I’ve got from the coilovers so far:

- WOW! I can definitely sleep in the car during long trips.

- Are you sure these are coilovers? (crawls under car to take a look)

- These feel even better than your previous Koni/Eibach setup.

Archived