LegacyGT.com

catalytic converter options!

front is 3 pin rear is 4 pin square ( on a 2.2)

this is correct. however, the o2 sensors are the same front and rear, they both have 3 wires. just the connectors are different. go figure!!!!

in others years, 00 - 04 this may not be accurate.

well, hopefully, it will. My car has 168k on it, but the engine only has 30k on it...I want it to run as long as it can.

Thanks guys. I think either Denso or Bosch will do the job.

Thanks again for all the comments.

• 4 weeks later...

is this a common subaru specific thing? Because I work on GMs all day and if you get a P0420 only its 99.99999999% of the time a bad converter. We don't even waste time trying to diagnose it, we just replace the converter. If you have a bad o2 sensor you should be getting some codes in the range of p0130-p0139.

It helps to have a proper scan tool. If your #1 o2 sensor is switching voltage properly in closed loop the #2 sensor should show a steady reading and not fluctuate like #1. When #2 is doing the same thing as #1 you have a bad cat.

^ po102 is almost always o2 in subarus, especially with aftermarket cats and or headers
you mean p0420? p0102 is for MAF.

i could understand saying the o2 sensor causing a 420 if you have aftermarket parts, but thats probably bc the sensor is doing its job by reporting low catalyst effeciency. Thats not to say that on a stock system with a 420 its automatically a bad sensor.

Archived