LegacyGT.com

wtb: 2.5l engine for a 98 legacy gt

just pulled my engine. come and get it and its yours for 250.

just gotta fix the water pump gasket and i guess cam seals. was rebuilt about 80,0000 ago.

Something seems fishy here... :)

80,0000....800,000...*shrug*

every one says ''rebuilt'', what most people mean is ''i had some work done''. some even mean '' i had the head gaskets and timing belt done''. but it is a very, very, few who mean 'i had the block split, and replace the bearings, rings, head gaskets, had the crank polished and the vales re-seated and adjusted, replaced all of the seals, front and rear, and had all of the timing belt components replaced''.

my experience has been that not very many people split the block on a subaru. so i assume when someone says ''rebuilt'' they mean something short of ''splitting'' the block.

every one says ''rebuilt'', what most people mean is ''i had some work done''. some even mean '' i had the head gaskets and timing belt done''. but it is a very, very, few who mean 'i had the block split, and replace the bearings, rings, head gaskets, had the crank polished and the vales re-seated and adjusted, replaced all of the seals, front and rear, and had all of the timing belt components replaced''.

my experience has been that not very many people split the block on a subaru. so i assume when someone says ''rebuilt'' they mean something short of ''splitting'' the block.

I agree, which is why I included the word "properly" lol

all i know is the engine was bought on ebay by my moms bosses sons wifes brother who owned the car before and works at a dealership. was told the motor had new rings and honing down. main bearings(crank only i think.) and the headgaskets with the new ones obviously, and i myself just did the timing belt job about 2k ago.

so yes. not a complete rebuild and reseal. but you would not have to spilt the block for a long time to fix anything.

Archived