LegacyGT.com

Stupid Questions...

1. Will a 2002 WRX exhaust fit on my 97 gt?

2. Will a stock HU from a WRX fit my 97 gt?

3. Will the starter from a WRX M/T fit my 97 gt M/T?

4. Where can i purchase new engine and transmission mounts for this car?

I have tried the search feature but i have not found any good answers.

Thanks in advance.

• I Donated

The exhaust wont fit if you want to put the entire exhast system on. This is because wrx is turbo, and your car is not

Starter will fit, but wont work because the teeth are different on the flywheel

I dunno about the head unit

Sent from my Android Powered HD2 using Tapatalk

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

The exhaust wont fit if you want to put the entire exhast system on. This is because wrx is turbo, and your car is not

how much of a wrx exhaust system, or an aftermarket exhaust designed to fit the wrx, would fit onto these cars?

I was thinking to go with a WRX cat back. Sorry i should have mentioned that. Would that fit?

I bought my legacy with a straight pipe from the cat back and a loud muffler. I don't really want the racer boy image. I want sleeper status. So i want to replace that straight pipe with a wrx exhaust.

• I Donated
Front Strut Tower Bar – Reduce body flex by providing extra stiffness between the strut towers.

disclaimer*- make sure to purchase MY93-01, or any with low-profile brackets.

link inside the quote

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Wasn't the only issue with those is that it hit the hood? Not that it didn't bolt up.

If you get it. Try to put it on backwards and report back to us. I like the beefier look of that one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350446038100&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT#ht_3182wt_902

I'm pretty sure this one should fit, if you install it backwards. not 100% sure though.

oh, I've done some more looking into the wrx catback. From the axle back it will bolt right up, but only 2 of the 3 hanger meet up to stock locations and have to be moved.

I'm still looking into the mid pipe from cat to the axle though.

and does anyone know how much of a sound difference a wrx muffler would make over my stock gt muffler? I found a catback on craigslist too. and cheap as well.

I was hoping to put in a full custom exhaust system eventually, it's just going to cost too much at the moment. So I have been trying to figure out how to make my exhaust noticeably louder than stock without spending much money at all right now. Any suggestions?

• I Donated
So I have been trying to figure out how to make my exhaust noticeably louder than stock without spending much money at all right now. Any suggestions?

Cut off your muffler. lol

Seriously, you can buy any of the multiple aftermarket mufflers. I used a free flowing Magnaflow muffler on my old Legacy. The rest of the exhaust system was stock...except I removed the resonator and put a piece of pipe in its place. 100% emissions legal exhaust, and didn't sound too bad

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsJsOjDJrcY]YouTube - 1997 Subaru Legacy Mountain Corner[/ame]

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

now I'm just wondering why I didn't think of removing the resonator. I think I'll try that along with the wrx muffler and see how that works out for now.

also, I keep forgetting to ask anyone about this... I have a whistle that comes from the muffler above 3k rpms, with two different pitches as the rpm's increase. I'm just not entirely sure what is causing it and thought I'd see what your opinions are.

oh, and m3ph, the wrx head unit should fit as long as it has a 14-pin connector in the back. also, search advance auto parts website for the engine and transmission mounts. That's where I got mine a couple of months ago

how much of a difference would having no resonator make? if it comes to me getting an aftermarket muffler I was thinking of just cutting the stock muffler off and welding a borla onto it. that'd probably be loud enough

• I Donated
I removed my resonator after the Magnaflow was already on there. I didn't notice any difference to be honest with you. The purpose was to open up the exhaust a little more, not for noise levels.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

The title of this thread is "Stupid Questions..."

I usually tell people "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.".....but you actually do have some valid questions. As long as you don't ask "How do I turn on the cruise control?" I think you will be OK lol

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived