LegacyGT.com

nissan maxima 2000

ok my father called me last night because he's car would not start, the engine did crank but no start , first of all i did a visual inspection everything looked good , check for battery power, cams (engine seem to be freewheeling ) relays, and fuses,

the ing1 fuse was blown . replace it and car started, but within 30 sec die again, so i check short to ground/power everything was ok , blown fuse = high amps . so high amps = low resistance . check ign coil found one low , so i changed it . put fuse in car, started car and it was running good . 1 minute later the engine mount was burnning like crazy !!! smoke everywhere .

it did not blow the fuse anymore . fuse and coil were fine,

here are some pictures of where the smoke was comming from.

Mount is toast. The last time you put a fuse in did you put the same AMP fuse in, or did you put a higher amp so it wouldn't blow? If that's the case you're going to end up frying something or starting an electrical fire. You need to figure out the problem rather then just replacing fuses. There has to be a short, or a crossed wire somewhere.

• I Donated
Are you sure it it the mount that is smoking? try running a ground strap between the engine and chassis. see if that helps.

electrical issues almost always turn out to be a bad ground.

if the engine mount is smoking, maybe its the spot thats heating up from a poor ground somewhere. Try a "grounding mod". Do a google search for "subaru grounding mod" to get examples.

See if that helps you

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

i knew not to repleace it with ahigher amp fuse, i dont what to burn any wires. here are more pic of it. the car is running fine but for what ever reason i now have codes stored on the pcm

here are the codes

p1320 ignition

p1605 a/t diagnosis is bad no signal from tcm to pcm

p0446 is evap . bad pcm vent valve block or short on vent valve.

the car never had any codes. untill that happened but like you have said ill creck resistance on the ground wire to body and engine .

IMAG0158.jpg.113822f9a07909e6a51ee94e9ffa027a.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg.e888a97c0d35033c5de9b500354c2c5b.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg.7e6c9872fedf4cb5c5c1f642566c84f9.jpg

common problem with Maximas 00-01 motor mounts on automatics are electronic controlled, and receive feedback from ecu. if the mount shorts out it can damage the ecu causing your condition and the EGI relay and fuse will become burnt out. Sorry to say, you need a new ECU either from a ecu rebuilder or from dealer. Keep in mind that the 99+ Maximas do have immobilizer systems and ecu needs to be reprogrammed/ paired with all keys to vehicle.

Archived