LegacyGT.com

New Facelifted Legacy for 2005/6...

The different USDM bumper is probably for insurance and the institute for Highway Safety folks.

I can't imagine that a couple of inches less extension on the front with an aluminum beam under a urethane body panel makes that much difference in any impact over 5mph.

Insurance considerations probably came into play so that headlights, fenders, the hood, or other parts don't need to be replaced after a 5mph crash quite as often.

I give the insurance actuaries and the gov't agency bureaucrats all the credit for that one.

If you look at a JDM/ROW legacy in profile, the shorter extension bumper (I think it might be smaller/shorter from top to bottom, as well) looks so much more integrated than the chunk of a bumper hanging out front on a USDM car.

I agree, the only "look" thing I don't really like are the USDM bumpers.

They make the car look to long.

The JDM give it a much sportier look.

Here I did a Chop job just to see what it would look like...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/IYDM-2005LegacyGTLimited-Side-3a-JDM-2-j.jpg

I agree, the only "look" thing I don't really like are the USDM bumpers.

They make the car look to long.

The JDM give it a much sportier look.

Here I did a Chop job just to see what it would look like...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/IYDM-2005LegacyGTLimited-Side-3a-JDM-2-j.jpg

You can find some real pics.. It looks better than that.

i'm just glad that the legacy isnt subject to getting the new corporate face just yet, though i'm sure we will all grow to love and embrace it:)

I'm detecting very little support on the Internet for the Tribeca. My prediction is that it will fail miserably. At which point Subaru will reconsider putting the same front end on other vehicles.

I really don't understand why Subaru keeps going through these design cycles. They put something wacky out, and it bombs. So then they put out more conventional designs, and they do better. Then they return to something wacky. You'd think they'd learn.

I do wish the SVX had done better. If it had been available with a manual I would have strongly considered picking one up at some point. Especially after they painted the whole thing one color. Price was of course the car's big problem. Other Subarus were much less expensive at the time. If they do manage to attain a more upmarket position the same sheetmetal would still fly today with minor updates. Not that I think this will happen.

Colonel Angus. Just remembered the SNL skit. (I guess the avatar should have clued me in.) One of their best. From what I understand women everywhere still miss the guy after all these years. Never was very popular with the menfolk, though.

I'll take the current style! One of the things that ruled out the Audi for me was the front end. YUCK... And I was already an Audi owner 03s4 avant. As soon as I saw pictures of the new Audi model it was time to start shopping for something else!

Subaru does not need to change/update the looks of the legacy line they simply need to give it a little boost in stock hp. The most important item Subaru needs to address is it's legacy marketing, it sucks! The performance side of this vehicle needs to be PUSHED, we do not need to see cars riding around on 2 wheels!

Same here, I was an Audi customer right up until they went with the huge ugly nose job on the '05/06's.

If Subaru copies them, well, they are in big trouble for future sales.

Also, I HATE the Tribeca nose. Loathe it. It sucks.

I am looking forward to a hybrid roadster (like the B9SC) but with a nose more like the '05 Legacy. If it has that nose from the auto show (http://autos.msn.com/as/article.aspx?xml=subarugallery&shw=autoshow2004&src=autoshow2004AutoMaker), then I'll pass.

What's with the designers these days? They jsut can't seem to do a nice front-end.

BTW- The SVX was lovely, I had a '97 (bought new) and seriously wish they'd do another pass at a sporty GT, I hope they still have ItalDesign's number. But the GT Ltd. Will do for now

Coupes, coupes, coupes....

Imagine what Guigiaro could do with the legacy platform in terms of a mid-sized AWD GT coupe. Something to undercut the G35c and be more useable than the RX8.

That and, I do still maintain that the next impreza body style should bring back a small sport compact coupe body style. Sleeker than the GC8 body style would do very nicely, especially if they offer it in WRX STi trim.

I know coupes are a small market, but I find it hard to believe that the only ones that sell are ones like the Chrysler Sebring and Toyota Solara. Gag.

I saw a tribeca on the dealer lot already. (it took this same dealer months upon months to get a Legacy GT last summer.)

I was not impressed with it. It looks bigger in person, but otherwise the dorky treatments on the front and rear ends still don't look good.

The ONLY thing I hope makes it to the Legacy GT for 06 would be the three-dial digital climate control knobs, and hopefully software and sensors that allow it to work better than current. I didn't like the B9's convex dash surface, and cross-eyed gauge pods. The Legacy/OB interior design is head and shoulders nicer.

It is kinda cool to see a three dial look, with LCDs inset in each dial, though. Hopefully it works well with automatic functioning, and hopefully the legacy gets them installed on it's console, and separated from the stereo head unit.

Archived