LegacyGT.com

I need help!!!

For some reason my tail lights stopped working. It keeps blowing the fuse for it. The brake lights, reverse lights, and turn signals still work though. Also the interior lights that light up the radio/hvac controls stopped working, but all the buttons still work. The only lighting/electrical mods I've done are LED front turn signals and 100w fog lights. My first guess was the fogs were drawing too much, but wouldn't they stop working as well then? I'm guessing there is a short somewhere, but i have no idea where to start. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions on a cause or where to start?

thanks, thats what I was thinking and it just hit me that the turn signals are part of the running lights. hopefully i can keep the LEDs because the car looks sooo good with them and the cleared corners

• 3 years later...
LEDS without resistors are going to blow a fuse. That is most likely your problem. Check the fuse box under the dash and get rid of the LEDs unless you plan on doing it the right way.

Sorry to revive an old post, but I've got the same issue as babybluelgt.

Can you explain why LEDs without resistors would blow fuses? I understand that without resistors or a digital flasher you would get the fast blink problem, but why would it blow fuses if LEDs run with less amperage?

Some leds now a days have built in resistors so it doesn't do this. Back in 11 they didnt they were pretty new. Now if the resistance is correct they usually just blink fast. But will need a resistor to get it to blink normal.

Archived