LegacyGT.com

Help with fuse locations

I went to turn on my A/C today for the first time since last summer, and pressing the button on the HVAC control module does NOTHING. The A/C doesn't start, the fan doesn't go on. Nothing. Obviously, the first thing to check is the fuses, but to make today even worse, I realize that I must have left my manual on the desk at Advance Auto two weeks ago, and they don't have it.

Could someone please look up the fuse locations for anything pertaining to the A/C so that I can pull them and check? Also if anyone has a location for an online version of the owner's manual, or even just scans of the fuse pages, since those are really the only pages I use, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys.

EDIT: So I found an online manual and got the fuse locations. The fuses are fine, so now I'm thinking it is one of the four A/C relays in the fuse box that might be bad. I went to Advance Auto thinking I could buy four new ones and was not expecting them to be $55 each. I refuse to spend that kind of money on something like that. Ugh.

• I Donated

If your AC is low on freon / oil, the compressor won't kick on. Its kind of like a fail safe to prevent it from burning its self up from lack of lubrication.

Some shops do a free AC check. Thats where I would start

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

If your AC is low on freon / oil, the compressor won't kick on. Its kind of like a fail safe to prevent it from burning its self up from lack of lubrication.

Some shops do a free AC check. Thats where I would start

This. AC compressors have a low-pressure switch to keep a poorly-charged system from being used. A compressor would lock up if it doesn't have the proper amount of oil and pressure to run the oil through the system.

Archived