LegacyGT.com

Is this the solution for the Ipod?

Michel

They don't have an application yet for 05 LGTs that connect directly to stereo.

Just checked out the site and the product looks awesome. I guess the only thing I noticed is that the product uses an open port on the back of the headunit. The ports used for other cars (Ex. Camry) are the cd changer port, but I don't know if something like that exists in our 05 headunits (since we have a built in cd changer). I would also assume in-radio controls would need to exist to control an external device. Not sure about this either.

The other thing I wonder about is that they group the Subbie's from 1992 through 2005, so I wonder if they really know that the headunit changed with model year 05.

I know I will be checking that website for any updates. So far, FM wired/wireless modulators are the only option. :mad:

-S

This company has NO products available for the '05 Legacy at present, and won't have any options available for the the '05 GT's (or any of the 6 disc in-dash changers) in the future either. This is because their product relies solely on having an auxillary input whether it be RCA ins, 1/8" jacks, or a port for a CD changer. It is what it is.

Brady, do you know that for sure?

19999 - Neo iOn

Subaru: Legacy : 1992 - 2005

iPod interfaces and holders made specifically for the 2005 Subaru Legacy! Click "Add To Cart" for more information. $189.99 USD http://www.mp3yourcar.com/images/buynow.gif http://www.mp3yourcar.com/images/readmore.gif

This could totally be what they have listed for every car ... but I haven't contacted them to find out. Someone take the initiative.

There is no aux input on the radio. Most of those devices integrate through a CD changer input, which our radio lacks. There are other, more established companies out there (BlitzSafe, PIE, etc) that don't make anything.....there is a reason for that.

O.K. thank you for the information, al hope fades away:( Or will their be a small portion of hope because I get the Speb B with 9" DVD navigation onboard, with has the option to connect a TCM (traffic Control Module). I will ask if my dealer can give me more information.

Michel

O.K. thank you for the information, al hope fades away:( Or will their be a small portion of hope because I get the Speb B with 9" DVD navigation onboard, with has the option to connect a TCM (traffic Control Module). I will ask if my dealer can give me more information.

Michel

I live in France , I just receive my Outback with the famous GPS extra option, all that I can say that when you choose to be guided with the beautiful women voice, this voice came by front left speaker, DVD-rom is under my seat, there is 3 connexion :

1 round din plug maybe for screen ,

1 special square plug which contains AC+ and other wire , maybe radio/cd mute and perhaps left front line in.

1 small square plug, which contains GPS Antenna.

There is no more doc about GPS , and how to use .

In fact I purchased this car because I don't want to wait for month to get one. With the vendor I accept this car , they will remove GPS unit until they receive another Outback with the standard clock. GPS option is too expensive in France 3000 euros. I rather prefer old paper map for this price...

All I want is to hack line in from head-unit for direct Ipod necessity. I asked to Subaru France for the connector, they don't want to sell it without the extra CD-changer C929 . I asked the same question to kenwood Electronics France for getting the special connector for KCA-500 ipod box, they will try to answer in 2 weeks ...

So I wait...

...I get the Speb B with ...

Michel

With the Spec B , Head unit is 6 disc changer+ FM + tape deck, with tape deck you can insert special tape from Monster or BELKIN, and so you'll get a perfect Line In with your Ipod, tape deck adapter is better than radio modulator. For a perfect sound you must get BELKIN charger with the best Ipod line-out I know (Line-out level can be tuned). You have just to insert jack from tape adapter to line-out from BELKIN charger, Ipod is connect with a special white cable to be charged and get Ipod Line out.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=201526&pcount=&Product_Id=149006

Adapter

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=201526&pcount=&Product_Id=153161

Archived