LegacyGT.com

Is this the solution for the Ipod?

Michel

Not produced yet:

19999 - Neo iOn

Subaru: Legacy : 1992 - 2005

iPod interfaces and holders made specifically for the 2005 Subaru Legacy! Click "Add To Cart" for more information.

$189.99 USD

No cassette in the LGT:

10001 - Basic iPod Car Kit

Subaru: Legacy : 1990 - 2006

Basic iPod kit includes retractable firewire cable, cigarette charger, and tape adapter in a nice carry case at a great price. Works with all iPod's and all stereos with a tape deck.

$29.95 USD

Is this the solution for the Ipod?

No

I've been running the Griffin iTrip on my iPod for a few weeks now. So long as you set it to a FM frequency that is not already being used, the sound quality is perfectly acceptable. Combine it with Belkin's TuneDok and it looks great in the Legacy.
The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

I hhave tried many an FM modulator. Seems the preset frequencies are all too close to stations in my area. I think this is the key....they won't work for everybody because reception varies.

I hhave tried many an FM modulator. Seems the preset frequencies are all too close to stations in my area. I think this is the key....they won't work for everybody because reception varies.

what modulators have you been using?

I got a griffen Itrip for my fiancee's Ipod Mini and have it set to what ever the default is - (87.9, i believe) - and it works amazingly.

she works at a coffee shop in manassas and will sometimes bring her ipod inside and use the modulator to broadcast on the stereo they've got got hooked up. I've been able to pick it up on the radio in my car from from the parking lot. (easily 100feet away, through the main building wall) - never had any problems with interferance or anything. Works great in her Mazda as well (same lack of IPOD hookup solution as our legacy)

Griffin, Belkin and one other. I haven't touched my iPod in months. I took the plunge and ordered a JL Clean Sweep and will install all the gear sitting in my garage (I was happy with the sound of the stock system though).

I agree with Pat on this one (and should have mentioned this in my initial post:rolleyes:. I commute through the Allentown, PA area and have absolutely no troubles once I find a unoccupied frequency. Lets see what happens when I move to North Jersey...

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Problem is when you're driving long ways, cross states/cities - the iTrip (or any FM modulator for that matter) doesn't cut it - what works in town x doesn't work in town y. And it ain't easy to find a clear station in a new town.

It's these long trips where the ipod/mp3 player is needed.

Sometime this summer, I'll probably install a Clean Sweep along with all my misc audio equipment I pulled out of my last vehicle.

Griffin, Belkin and one other. I haven't touched my iPod in months. I took the plunge and ordered a JL Clean Sweep and will install all the gear sitting in my garage (I was happy with the sound of the stock system though).

i'd love to see when it's done -- or possibly mid-install. there is a good chance i may be going this route next summer unless another solution comes out for integrated satellite radio.

(keeping fingers crossed that the 06' models have a new stereo with inputs that is back compatible with ours)

Archived