LegacyGT.com

strut brace question (yes, i read the stickies)

so according to the suspension stickies it says to use a 93-01 impreza front strut brace. i installed one today and the bar as well as the brackets were hitting the hood when i tried to close it.

also was looking around in the trunk for the tops of the struts to install the rear and had no luck. this is the 4th subaru i'm installing strut braces on, but 2 were wagons and the other was an RS coupe which the rear was easy. any help would be awesome. pictures of the rear installed would be even awesomer. thanks.

• I Donated

it sounds like you're on a sedan. You have to take the back seat out to get to the top of the rear struts.

as far as your front brace, i believe the sticky says you have to use a low profile brace or something like that.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
Front Strut Tower Bar – Reduce body flex by providing extra stiffness between the strut towers.

disclaimer*- make sure to purchase MY93-01, or any with low-profile brackets.

Look here

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=impreza+front+strut+bar+&_sacat=0&_sop=15&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_odkw=impreza+front+strut+bar+93-01&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

It must have a low profile bracket, or it won't work

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived