LegacyGT.com

Sacto folks.. what dealer did you purchase

kiem

Email as much dealerships as you can within 200 mile radius. In your email let them know that they'll have to compete for your business. In the end, I went with Autowest because they beat the lowest quote I got. Maita Subaru's price was high and they wouldn't go a cent lower than the quote. Senator Subaru didn't return my email at all. Stevens Creek offered a good price, but they didn't have the color I wanted and would have to wait 6 weeks. Grass Valley had great customer service, but didn't have a GT Limited in stock.

hahh.. quincy was the guy to go to when he was there......but when i went to buy my lgt he was no longer working there.....

Myusername do you have a spoiler on your car...? and if not do you want one?.. haha thought id ask

I ran to a guy named Brian at Senator. Hes a real nice guy who let me test drive the car without any hesitation. Dont know if he has the power to give the price I want. I'm being patient here - waiting to see what the '06 has to offer before making a purchase. Currently there's a $1500 rebate until 5/31 - dont know If I would miss it out not buying it now.

When I went through Autowest, I dealt with 4 guys. First one was the older internet sales guy (can't remember the name), when I called in to schedule for a test drive, he was off that day. I was then referred to Eric, who was a young guy and really took his job seriously. For the test drive, I was handed off to Mack. Mack was a really good guy, but didn't know diddly squat about the Legacy.

When we agreed on a price, the sales manager didn't know that Eric subtracted $700 for the spoiler that I was originally quoted for and declined and that Eric threw in a set of all-weather mats. The sales manager threw a fit saying that I was ripping him off and he wouldn't give me the price that was written down. Eric told him the situation and all was fine.

The sales manager was a real asshole so avoid him at all cost. He was pissed that I was given a set of $50 mats for "free."

Good thing about Autowest was that they had a huge inventory and they will beat other dealerships' written quotes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is interesting that AutoWorst has so many fans here. After being dicked around and lied to when we bought our Protege5 in 2003, I didn't even bother looking there when it was time to shop for the Legacy.

The "old Internet guy" (I forget his name) was off for a few days, but never indicated that in his phone message. Since he never returned my calls, we showed up at the dealership and asked for him. The person that greeted us said he had left at 5. The truth was that he hadn't been there at all that day. The details after that aren't important, but it went downhill from there. The manager refused to show me the invoice for the car we wanted, they said it was at the Buick store. He showed me a photocopy of an invoice of another P5 with different equipment. I gave him my fax number at work, and told him to fax me the invoice for the correct car the next day, and I would give him a credit card number over the phone as a deposit. We got up to leave, and they blocked the door. Magically, the correct invoice appeared in about 5 minutes.

I finally told the "old internet guy" to leave me alone and stop spamming my e-mail and phone answering machine. We are completely happy with the car (and still are), but I would not recommend the dealership to anyone. Ninety days came and went, and we never received the initial survey from Mazda. I called customer service, and the nice lady asked me for our mailing address. It seems like AutoWorst entered a bogus address for us so that we would not receive a survey. That is the oldest trick in the book, and both Ford dealerships I used to work for used the same tactics if they thought the customer was "heat."

I bought the Legacy from Mike at Stevens Creek. I know they not well liked on this board, but he treated me well. It took less time to ride AMTRAK down and do the paperwork on the Legacy than it did to fight with AutoWorst over a couple hundred dollars on the P5.

Steve

Steve,

I also bought my 04 STi from Autowest and had a similar experience to yours. It got to the point where I was yelling at the sales manager. In the end I got the car I wanted for pretty close to the price I was willing to pay, so I was happy. Plus I got a great trade value for my WRX wagon, especially given the fact that the 5MT was only a 4MT. ;)

I think the difference is that now there is a second internet sales guy at Autowest named Eric. He owns an 05 WRX wagon, is a vendor, member, and frequent poster on i-club, and attends the weekly Sacramento Subaru meets. He has become a trusted friend and has already sold 11 or 12 Subarus to i-club members.

17 or 18, actually, from talking to Eric this weekend.

I personally wouldn't have given Autowest a second glance if it wasn't for Eric.

I hate automalls, so I would have never set foot on that place if I didn't have to. And suprisingly, I didn't have to. I never set foot on Autowest's property since the whole sale was done over the internet and delivery was nearly my front door.

When I went through Autowest, I dealt with 4 guys. First one was the older internet sales guy (can't remember the name), when I called in to schedule for a test drive, he was off that day. I was then referred to Eric, who was a young guy and really took his job seriously. For the test drive, I was handed off to Mack. Mack was a really good guy, but didn't know diddly squat about the Legacy.

When we agreed on a price, the sales manager didn't know that Eric subtracted $700 for the spoiler that I was originally quoted for and declined and that Eric threw in a set of all-weather mats. The sales manager threw a fit saying that I was ripping him off and he wouldn't give me the price that was written down. Eric told him the situation and all was fine.

The sales manager was a real asshole so avoid him at all cost. He was pissed that I was given a set of $50 mats for "free."

Good thing about Autowest was that they had a huge inventory and they will beat other dealerships' written quotes.

Hey whats your name? Eric is a good friend of mine. He doesn't remember your name. he said thanks for the nice write up.

I went to Autowest and met up with an older guy - forgot his name but one of his arm was shortened about the ankle.

Before I got there, I asked him on the phone how much miles it has on the vehicle - he said only a few since it's been on the lot for couple weeks. When I got there, it already had over 400 miles.

I told him that's a little high for a brand new car.. he said it's not - then I told him it sure is high and left the dealership.

So the same day I drove to Senator Subaru to make a purchase on the black LGT. I was talking to some guy named Moe - and he emailed the price for $25,765. When I got there, Moe was off that day - so that nice salesman Brian was there to help me. I thought I was gonna drive home the car that day - then when Brian took me to his manager - he told me the car is $26250. I told him Moe emailed me the price lower than what he's giving. I told him I got about $500 lower from Moe's quote - he didnt believe me and asked what my email address is - so I gave him he site for me to log on to check my email. Without asking my useraccount and other stuff, he keeps insisting how come I dont see the quote?. I told him I need to logon with my username and password - he is that stupid!

Well later Brian brought me into a room and I logged onto my email and was able to show him the email from Moe. After showing him the quote - he came up with the excuse - "that was two weeks ago when that quote was given."

That's BS - because it still has the same rebate of $1500.

I dont know why .. these dealerships are so dumb in dealing with customers.

With these experiences I've had with Subarus - I havent bought my LGTs yet. I'm now looking to buy a used one locally.

I used to sell cars at Senator Subaru. Moe is a great guy. He's now the head sales manager. Another great person to deal with at Senator is Valerie. The best way to get your Subaru is from my boy Eric from Autowest. He's a great saleperson and has alot of Knowledge on Subaru's. They also have the best inventory in the Sac area.

I used to sell cars at Senator Subaru. Moe is a great guy. He's now the head sales manager. Another great person to deal with at Senator is Valerie. The best way to get your Subaru is from my boy Eric from Autowest. He's a great saleperson and has alot of Knowledge on Subaru's. They also have the best inventory in the Sac area.

Plus he's so sexay. ;)

Archived