LegacyGT.com

getting more fuel with out ems

i put a 1k resistor on the signal wire for the front o2s (b1s1 a/f sensor) before i put the resistor in the a/f ratio was at 13.3 around there and thats no good for boost i put the resistor in and it dropped the mixture to 10.9 around there im just waiting for the aem fic-6 piggy back harness to get here but i just wanted to let ppl know that it did work for me if anyone wants to try let e know if it worked for them too i have 370 injectors on a stock fuel pump and getting 10.9 to 1 air fuel is not bad at all once i get the aem i can take some fuel out

I'll be honest, I know nothing about the 2nd gen. However, you're saying you put a resister on your front O2 sensor and it changed the AFR? Do you have a wideband to verify that the stock sensor is still reading accurately? I would think that the resistor is changing the reported AFR so that it is no longer accurately reading AFR. If you said it was previously reporting 13.3 (assuming Open Loop) and is now reading 10.9, how do you know that isn't just changing the reported reading? You would have to actually change the tune to get OL AFR from 13.3 to 10.9.

If I had to guess, your front O2 is now just reading richer and your car isn't actually richer. This will lead to problems in CL because the ECU will be attempting to lean out AFR until the front O2 reports 14.7. If it really is reading rich, then 14.7 could be 18.0 actual AFR. Too lean.

If I'm wrong, I'd love to hear why. Again, not familiar with the 2nd gen but I am familiar with EFI systems.

• I Donated

Why are you trying to change your air fuel ratios? Have you slapped a turbo on your car?

VERY bad idea to do without engine management. If this is the case, you're walking a fine line between a running engine and blowing it up.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

i do have a turbo on it and i do have a wide band. when i installed the aem fic6 it tells you to install that same resistor in the o2 signal wire when i removed the fic because the harness got all messed up i left the resistor in and took it out later i notice that the a/f ratio when you are at wot it was only 13.3( 14.7 at cruising speed and idle) so i installed the resistor back and it went down to 10.9 at wot (14.7 at cruising and idle) i really done know why is making it a lot richer at wot but its working and i rather be on the rich side until i get the harness for it

i never thought of that either but once i seen the change when i took it out thats when i wanted to try with it on again i am going to take it out one more time and make sure maybe ill make a video of it showing the change on the wideband screen

Archived