LegacyGT.com

Mileage update: how many miles?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my car on Tuesday (5/24/2005) last week and now on Sunday (5/29/2005) I have about 675. I have a short commute to work, about 8 miles (4 highway, 4 city) But I have been driving everywhere and just going out and exploring backroads and looking for fun stretches to cruise.

I'm trying to get to 1000 by next weekend for a trip to Wisconsin, don't want to be worried about having it at the same speed/RPMs for a long time when I head out there. I'm purposefully avoiding highway driving when I can while I rack up these miles. 55mph stretches are my favorite, I can go 55 in 4th for a bit if I want, and then go back to fifth and alernate from 55 to 65mph as I'm driving. Not wooried about a ticket much and can keep the engine from wearing in at the same speed/RPMs.

AZ

21,500 miles since Sept 04, 5000 miles in 1 month. Just trying to get into the High-Mileage Club.

The car is very addictive, and I ALWAYS take the long way home, which is more absurb since my commute is 10 miles one-way and I'm on a 15k/year lease. But since this is my first car and it's been treating me well, I'll probably buy it out in the end and mod the fsck out of it.

Plus, since they are discontinuing the base GT trim next year, it sure will appreciate since its technically a "limited" 05 production run.:):):lol::lol::D:D

Mojo

I keed I keeed

21,500 miles since Sept 04, 5000 miles in 1 month. Just trying to get into the High-Mileage Club.

The car is very addictive, and I ALWAYS take the long way home.

Mojo

+1 I find myself making the trip frome the Bronx to Monticello every weekend and usualy a trip to Middletown or 2 while up there. Any excuse to take a long drive and make it shorter.

Bought July 17th, 2004; will turn 24,000 miles tomorrow. 64-mile round trip commute 5X/week for the last 5 months. Yeah, if I plan on keeping this one, really need to get a beater commuter.

Archived