LegacyGT.com

Debating Exhaust System

Only you can answer that question. Have you heard what they all sound like? If you don't really care or notice a difference in sound, then it comes down to price, fitment and quality.

I'm running the hks system and the fitment was perfect from day one (installed it myself in about 30 minutes).

Being that you're from PA, i'd avoid the cheaper ones (x02, etc) as they tend to rust out faster.

^^ +1. Everyone has their own opinions.. and in reality, the stock exhaust is just as good.. until you start putting out a lot of power there really is no need for aftermarket exhaust unless you want to go more drone and sound

I know its not on your list, but my car came with a Magnaflow system. A quick check shows you can get them in the upper $700 range. To me, looks great, has a nice rumble and wakes up when you get on the pedal. As for looks, it depends if youre wanting a can or OEM-ish style muffler. This has a larger exit, but has the oval muffler look of an OEM exhaust, so its more stealth than a can style and sounds just as good. 3" and full stainless, so it wont rust (hopefully). But in the end, look up exhaust vids on Youtube, there are a ton of setups on there that can give you a better idea of what you want

Thanks guys, yea I've watched probably every exhaust video on every site haha. I do want the cheapest but you get what you pay for. I had an offer for 700 for a used HKS system but for that price I could get a new system. I don't really plan on tuning, so a cat-back should be fine for a nice rumble, but was thinking an import brand rather than MagnaFlow which is mainly American.

I don't really plan on tuning, so a cat-back should be fine for a nice rumble, but was thinking an import brand rather than MagnaFlow which is mainly American.

dont get hung up on names. exhaust manufacturers (quality ones) know what they are doing. and magnaflow always puts ALOT of r&d into a system before releasing it to the market. just find one you like and get that. i have a book that says, if you can't afford good equipment, (like myself) then don't buy anything. it was specifically refering to racing equipment but i've found that it applies to just about everything.

I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

I have an exhaust dilemma. I want to get a full Perrin exhaust for my 2007 lgt. Uppipe, downpipe, cbe, and eventually the equal length headers. My dilemma is.... what about the back pressure? Will getting all of these parts affect my engine in a bad way? What are the possible down sides of me purchasing this for my car? I don't want a straight pipe or catless downpipe. I want to get a catted downpipe. I just don't want to mess anything up on my car and I still want to pass inspection. Also, will any of this mess up my turbo? Any and all help on this topic would be greatly appreciates.

I'm looking for the right muffler for my 09 2.5i SE. I know exhaust for NA cars is somewhat hard to come by but I have narrowed it down a bit. I'm looking between flowmaster series 60 or borla turbo mufflers. Have not yet looked at Magnaflow but let me know your feedback. I have heard negatives about flowmaster and many praises from borla, but again, not sure what to do. Flowmaster seems to be one of the only companies who makes 4 and 6 cylinder specialty mufflers. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Archived