LegacyGT.com

maual transmission slip?

recently when excellerating in any gear my subie feels like the clutch is being slowly released. and even crusing at highway speeds the rpms will increase and then drop down. It feels as if the clutch is still slightly engaged. I hope I am explaining this right. Also after sitting in trafic for two hours and pressing the clutch about 700 times I began smelling a burning smell that started when I began cruzing around 65 mph. I pulled over and did a quick look under my vehicle to reassure myself that I wasn't leaking any fluids. I did get home without any problems but this issue seems to be getting gradually worse. The clutch has only about 28k on it? Is there something on my clutch that can be adjusted and looked at? Or is this a transmission issue? Is it possible that the clutch is not fully disingaging when I release the pedal? I have never experienced this before on any manual vehicle. This is a 1997 legacy GT with a 2.2 conversion. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• I Donated

Try bleading your slave cylinder.

If that doesn't do it, then you will probably have to buy a clutch kit (pressure plate, disk, throw out bearing) and replace it.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived