LegacyGT.com

Best exhaust setup 3.0

Getting a custom exhaust made for my 09 3.0r since catbacks are non existent. Wondering what configuration would be best for performance/sound. I figured leave cat intact and eliminate resonator and two new mufflers. Any other ideas/recommendations? Thanks

Before you shell out several hundreds for a CBE can you do the forum a favor and try to get picture under your car. If your collector merge is at the stock location as a LGT/2.5i you have every CBE in existence to choose from :eek:

I believe the the EZ30R has the two primary collectors that merge at the same point where a H4 would have a mid-pipe. I think the common notion is that the EZ30R and the EZ36R have a grossly different layout.

If you can at least look under your car and maybe get picture i can use that to reference the EJ253/5 and maybe you can save a few hundred dollars :)

From what I've read the merge is different thats why the cat backs arent completely compatible. The shop i was at quoted me $750 for full stainless custom cutback but just want to get some ideas on good configurations

I always read on here people saying how an exhaust set up on a 2.5i will actually hurt the performance numbers of the car. I feel like the H6 has enough power to be able to actually see some decent gains from adding a full exhaust setup. Can anyone shed some insight on this?

Well if you have a spring bolt donut merge flange there is a very good chance you are just like us in the CBE dept.

$750 to build a custom isn't terrible as two good mufflers and a good resonator can run you $450 alone.

With the H6 I would go chambered all the way, and avoid a straight thru unless you have a beast of a resonator.

Not planning in straight thru as I don't want to be getting pulled over all the time. Would I see any benefit besides saving some $$ by just replacing resonator with a straight pipe section and putting two new mufflers on rather than redoing the while exhaust?

Not planning in straight thru as I don't want to be getting pulled over all the time. Would I see any benefit besides saving some $$ by just replacing resonator with a straight pipe section and putting two new mufflers on rather than redoing the while exhaust?

Minute gains at best with any CBE

Not sure if this has been posted before. Subaru Liberty 3.0R with a twin turbo. This car is so sick, what I would do to be able to make mine into this. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkKucEGay3c&feature=related]YouTube - Pulse Racing Subaru Liberty STI H6 biturbo straight run[/ame]

Well if I could see i could tell you ;):lol:

The only systems for these cars are in japan and Aussie land :( and cost $$$$$$ and look like this :

http://www.k2k2.jp/img/EX/BP/T6-0503-002.jpg

yes clean up your pants and wipe the drool :)

So sick and sexy I wish I had EZ36R or a EZ30R i would drop $2500 on these .

Full catback is a little to expensive for me and rather pointless as im just looking to get some sound out it. im already just getting some perrin cans that will bolt right on, no im just looking for the easiest way to get that hunk of resonator out of there

Oh well you are correct Sir! Chop that resonator out slip and weld in a glasspack cherry bomb and those PErrin cans and youll have a good setup, hell the stock piping is 321

~2.5 inch.

Good luck should be interesting to hear/see

Archived