LegacyGT.com

alternative body/bumper push clips

naimouasta

so i was looking around the net for some push clips, specifically bumper clips. in general there are like maybe 2-3 different push clips that subaru uses right?

considering that nissan/subaru share a bunch of random parts, i'm just curious if anyone has tried to use nissan clips, because buying clips from the dealer can get expensive.

i found a site that sells nissan clips, a few of which look similar to subaru clips, and they are pretty cheap.

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Fender_Clips_Maxima_Nissan_p/pas9540-15.htm

since they list specs, i guess its just a matter of measuring my own clips tomorrow.

I measured mine real quick and the head and hole size are the same. I'm guessing the length would work also, wonder if there are longer ones. But they should be good, I'm about to order some since my bumper is held on by like 4 instead of the like 10 that comes on the car.

Also I found what look like the engine cover ones. Thats if you have it on still. I don't, been off for a while now.

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Lexus_Push_Type_Retainer_20mm_Hd_Dia_12mm_Lgth_p/a17992.htm

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

^ cool!

so much cheaper than dealer for the bumper clips. 15 clips for $6.99 FTW. shipping for me is like 3 bucks so its awesome.

i have a 2.5i so no engine cover LOL. i also got to measure the clips that hold in the little diffuser in front of the rear wheels. both of mine are dangling by 1 clip each LOL.

also have to measure all the clips for all the subies in the family just to double check, then order all at once.

• 1 month later...
^ cool!

so much cheaper than dealer for the bumper clips. 15 clips for $6.99 FTW. shipping for me is like 3 bucks so its awesome.

i have a 2.5i so no engine cover LOL. i also got to measure the clips that hold in the little diffuser in front of the rear wheels. both of mine are dangling by 1 clip each LOL.

also have to measure all the clips for all the subies in the family just to double check, then order all at once.

Any updates on this? Do they fit?

Archived