LegacyGT.com

Ran into a problem: oil in spark plug tubes

I feel your pain. I did my spark plug tube seals and valve cover gaskets recently and documented it a little bit in the thread listed below. I wish I had come across this thread earlier though, I bought the felpro 50561 too only to find that it didn't fit. Oh well, thankfully subaru parts is open on sundays so it didn't set me back that much.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/felpro-50561-vc-gasket-advance-auto-202755.html

1 - 13294AA070 (valve cover gasket)

2 - 10966AA030 (spark plug seals) just got these 2 last week

last week I had my leaky valve cover gaskets replaced for under $100 by a local shop

Dealer told me head gaskets were leaking, screw them never going back

it was less than an hour labour for the 2 jobs. and no more leaking oil YAY

I attempted to change out my valve cover/spark plug gaskets but gave up because of clearance from the engine bay. I don't know how you guys did it its so tight I can't even get a wrench in there especially the rear driver's side bolt. I guess I'll have to pay someone else to do the job.

i was able to get the bolts out, but the cover was stuck between the frame rail and valvetrain on the driverside. had to unbolt the motor mounts and shift the motor a little bit to get the cover out.

Archived