LegacyGT.com

98 legacy gt limited engine swap?

I was wondering what engines i can swap into my 98 legacy limited and how much work would be required to swap in different ones im pretty sure my stock engine is the ej25d but its getting old and worn out and i would like to replace it but was wondering what my options were?

Thanks

it's not that hard really. you get an ej22 intake with the egr on it, 95 -98 auto trans car. and either tap the rear of the drivers side head and connect the pipe, or weld a bung into the exhaust pipe / manifold and pipe it.

i would think the hard part about the turbo swap would be controlling it. the 2.5L ecu won't do it. and i doubt the turbo ecu will run on the later wiring harness. but i don't really know.

• I Donated
ii would think the hard part about the turbo swap would be controlling it. the 2.5L ecu won't do it. and i doubt the turbo ecu will run on the later wiring harness. but i don't really know.

The turbo ECU will not work with your stock wiring harness. You can do a full harness swap though. It requires the least amount of custom wiring

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

i heard somewhere that the 98 legacy gt limited had its own special certain engine unless you wanted to change over the wiring harness or ecu?

is this true i find this hard to believe that it would be so specific or would any ej25 motor work? thanks alot i blew a rod the other day and am exploring my options

• I Donated
i heard somewhere that the 98 legacy gt limited had its own special certain engine unless you wanted to change over the wiring harness or ecu?

is this true i find this hard to believe that it would be so specific or would any ej25 motor work? thanks alot i blew a rod the other day and am exploring my options

No the 98 does not have its own special engine. Any EJ25D will drop in from the 97-99 Legacy GTs or Outbacks. You can use a 96 EJ25 as well, but they have about 10 less horsepiwer and require premium gas

Sent from my Android powered HTC HD2

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived