LegacyGT.com

Engine swap this weekend

So I picked up an engine from a junk yard that was supposedly running good when it was pulled from the car. It has a 90 day warranty.

I'm planning to swap the oil pan and intake manifold/throttle body, injectors...the whole fuel system pretty much, over from my old engine.

I am planning to replace:

Thermostat

Water Pump

Timing Belt

Spark Plugs

Spark Plug Wires

Torque Converter Front Seal (may as well do it while it's out)

Rear Main Seal

Front Main Seal

I may have some more things that I cant remember, but that's what I have so far.

I'm also going to check out the crank pulley, timing gear and key while I'm installing the new water pump.

Can anyone think of anything else that needs to be done while I'm at it?

Do the headgaskets now. Just save yourself the trouble. Buy the gaskets, new head bolts, valve cover gaskets, bolt grommets, and plug grommets. It'll cost a few bucks, but it'll mean that you don't have to touch the engine again. Plus, it'll never be easier to do than right now.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

They were not prone to leaks from the H.G. but the cam seals are another story..I though my HG was leaking and @ first I thought it was the valve gaskets..replaced those....it helped but the problem I think is the cam seals. 5 bones gets you new seals.

Archived