LegacyGT.com

OBX exhaust on 07 sedan

So has anyone used or tried installing one of these on a 2.5 n/a I know many people have has success with the wagon version and have read the thread extensively but not many mentioning this setup for the sedan... Any input ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Catback-Exhaust-05-10-Subaru-Legacy-GT-SS304-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ade5e85cdQQitemZ390277793229QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

can I pick up a 3 inch mid pipe for this ?

No it comes 3 inch, that might be a tad too large and loud for our application, but you never know until you try. If you ever see a GMS/CX mid pipe for sale on here that is usually from a 2.5i owner that bought the whole system and realized that 3" pipe was too big, so they kept the mufflers and sold the mid pipe to a turbo guy (usually). :)

Oh haha makes sense I was like wait it does have a 3 inch pipe why would i need another one... Maybe I should just throw some AVO mufflers on it. I really dont need the fart tube all that much I guess even though I love the sound :) besided I have el headers so I wont achieve the boxer rumble.

Unfortunately the price is top notch too

http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/qreply.gif

I hear ya man. For a couple hundred extra I could have a full cat back. And after looking at my undercarriage it will be time soon to replace the exhaust system. These Utah roads full of salt just eat away at the stock exhaust system.

Yes the price is slightly steep but it is quality

Yeah if I were you no matter which exhaust I get i would put a clear coat on it OR paint it with HI-Temp black paint to protect the metal :)

Thanks for the info. I will report back soon. Gonna install a sway bar here as soon as my AVO re-enforcement brackets arrive... then on to exhaust within the next 6-8 weeks. Any suggestions on mid pipes and such if I go AVO on the mufflers and decide to peice a custom catback together ?

Archived